ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Long term - Change Employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

varunchadha2583
United Kingdom

Tier 2 ICT Long term - Change Employment

Post by varunchadha2583 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi,

I have a Tier 2 ICT Long term. My visa was initially stamped in January 2010 and has been extended since then.
I have following queries:-
1) Can I shift Job when on a Tier 2 ICT Long term?
2) My Type of Permit says Leave to Remain under T2 ICT Long Term, will this be removed or changed if I change job?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:45 am

you can change jobs if you switch to Tier 2 General but you must be assigned a CoS by the new sponsor/employer first, following which you can apply for leave to remain in the T2G category. The leave you then get will replace your current leave.

varunchadha2583
United Kingdom

Post by varunchadha2583 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:19 pm

thanks for the reply manci.

My wife is in UK as a dependent, can you please confirm if her Visa can also be transferred in UK itself?

At what point can I initiate her Visa? Has this to happen after my Visa has transferred or can be applied parallel to my application?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:41 pm

varunchadha2583 wrote:My wife is in UK as a dependent, can you please confirm if her Visa can also be transferred in UK itself?

At what point can I initiate her Visa? Has this to happen after my Visa has transferred or can be applied parallel to my application?
She can also apply in-country and at the same time as you.

ram_mark20
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 ICT Long term - Change Employment

Post by ram_mark20 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi Manci
I am under Tier 2 Long term ICT. Came to UK in Nov 2013 (visa valid till dec 2015). Unfortunately my current employment is coming to an end in the next couple of months. Can i find another job in UK with another company that can issue me a new CoS till Dec2015 or till any date as per law.
I called up UKBA (number provided in their site) and they told that I can join another employer with a new CoS and the validity will still be the same (max 3 yrs initially starting from the date of your first visa granted date) and the final 2 yrs of extension (total 5 yrs) can also be done if the employer at that time wishes and applies for the final 2 yrs extn..

Pls help...I am in a very tight sittuation with family moved in here now...

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 ICT Long term - Change Employment

Post by manci » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:10 am

ram_mark20 wrote:Hi Manci
I am under Tier 2 Long term ICT. Came to UK in Nov 2013 (visa valid till dec 2015). Unfortunately my current employment is coming to an end in the next couple of months. Can i find another job in UK with another company that can issue me a new CoS till Dec2015 or till any date as per law.

I called up UKBA (number provided in their site) and they told that I can join another employer with a new CoS and the validity will still be the same (max 3 yrs initially starting from the date of your first visa granted date) and the final 2 yrs of extension (total 5 yrs) can also be done if the employer at that time wishes and applies for the final 2 yrs extn..

Did you tell the immigration enquiry bureau (0870 606 7766) that you have been in the UK since Nov 13 as T2 ICT Long Term Staff and that when your present job ends you would like to change employment and switch to Tier 2 General?

Pls help...I am in a very tight situation with family moved in here now...