ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant child over 18 years

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Last_one_standing
Newly Registered

Dependant child over 18 years

Post by Last_one_standing » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:15 am

I have recently gained British citizenship and so is my youngest daughter (10 year old). My wife and other son (18 years) are on ILR and still have to go through the Life in UK test and British citizenship process.

My problem is my eldest son who is turning 23 and still in original homeland. Is there any chance of of bringing him over as a dependant so that we can be one family unit? Please advise any requirements that might need to be put in place to facilitate his coming over.

Thanking you for your assistance.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:01 am

Not unless he qualifies in his own right for a work/student visa or is disabled/ill such that he requires care that only you can provide.