ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost Passports.. Please Help. URGENT

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kavita
Newly Registered

Lost Passports.. Please Help. URGENT

Post by Kavita » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:51 pm

Hi All,

Sad story, Me, My husband and my 2 month old child are about to go on holiday to India after 3 years (flying on the 19th Nov). My husband had ILR on his passport (he got it 2 months ago). I had a work permit dependant visa which I was about to upgrade to FLR(M). My son had a British passport.
I went to Indian embassy to get a multi entry visa for my son this morning. After I got the visa, i went to central london for a bit of retail therapy. This is where i lost by bag that contained all three passports. Needless to say my husband went ballistic as he had told me only the night before to be very careful with the passports.

Now I have checked that a duplicate passport from Indian embassy costs £84 each but i do not know how long this will take as my husband does not have a duplicate copy of the passport (he does however has older expired indian passport). Aside does anyone know if the indian embassy are open on saturday?

I think i need a premium service to get a duplicate copy of my child passport which should take a week. I shall then have to get the indian visa on the passport again (or can they endorse the same visa that I got today, even though I do not have the copy of the lost passport).

Finally this is where I am not sure what is going to happen.

My husband needs to get a copy of ILR stamp on his replacement passport once it arrives (Can we ring the croydon office to make sure we get a personal appointment on a priority basis, keeping in mind the flight date). At the same time I need to get FLR stamp, Does this mean I have to get Dependant visa stamp again and then FLR(M) stamp?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

I shall now go and do some overtime to pay off for this and at the same time swear at the criminal gangs operating in central london.

British

Post by British » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:09 pm

First off, please please please, go and file a police report!!!! and then you can all other things you are describing.

Without a police report on the lost passports, it will be a bit of problem in getting the new passports i think! I am not sure about this though!

But file the police report first thing tomorrow morning.

Kavita
Newly Registered

Post by Kavita » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:17 pm

I filed a police report today itself.

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:20 pm

Very sensible - and bearing in mind that there are passports of two different countries involved, try to get two copies of whatever paper the police give you as evidence of the report.... The UK Ppt Office will certainly want to see it, and I would expect the Indian HC will want to, as well...
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

Kavita
Newly Registered

Post by Kavita » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:22 pm

My Husband had a 10 year multiple entry visa on the passport. Does this mean he has to inform of the loss of passport to US embassy even if he does not wish to travel to US in the near future.

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:32 pm

unfortunately the ILR stamps will put you back GBP 500 each passport?

sorry for giving you more bad news. do you think it is possible to put notices in the post asking the crims to post you back the passports

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:01 am

Hi Kavita
Can you give an update of the latest info you have