ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

olivesummer44
Newly Registered

Eligibility to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by olivesummer44 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi,

I would have been living in the UK for 5 years this Septemeber, I would like apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

My visa history:
- Sep 2007 to Jan 2009: Student visa
- Feb 2009 to Nov 2010: Post-study work category of Tier 1
- Nov 2010 to Nov 2015: Residence Card (Family member of an EEA national)

I understand I'm strictly not eligible for neither Form SET(O) nor Form EEA4.

Is there a way to go around it? Is there a form that fits my type of situation? Or I should get a lawyer involved?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Eligibility to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:28 pm

You are not eligible for ILR in any sense or in any category. Currently, under your EEA family member status, you will be eligible for permanent residence in November 2015. That is dependant on your partner exercising unbroken residence and treaty rights throughout that entire period.

olivesummer44
Newly Registered

Re: Eligibility to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by olivesummer44 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:48 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You are not eligible for ILR in any sense or in any category. Currently, under your EEA family member status, you will be eligible for permanent residence in November 2015. That is dependant on your partner exercising unbroken residence and treaty rights throughout that entire period.
Thanks for your reply, it's kind of what I expected but was hoping otherwise. :S