ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming points for Spouse Qualification--Strange problem

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moganlal

Claiming points for Spouse Qualification--Strange problem

Post by moganlal » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:15 am

Hi All,
My spouse has Bachelors Degree and she is working in Uk on work permit. We both live in different cities as we both work in different cities(btw i'm on dependent visa and am working full time in IT as well). We have marriage certificate with us. Will the marriage certificate and my spouse's degree certificate be sufficient enough.
Even If I dont claim points under this category I still can achieve 65 points... but keeping in mind that in case my hsmp gets approved and my wife's work permit gets expired she can resign and come back to UK as my dependent. And during that time the information I provide now about spouse may help. This is what my idea is.
Experts and knowledgeable please help.
Please respond. My previous posts have not been responded and I dont want to post duplicates and violate the spirit of this helpful board.
thanks in advance,
Moganlal

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:01 am

For spouse category unfortunatly Marriage certificate is not enough. Infact that certificate is not necessary also

You have to proove that you both stayed combinely for atleast 2 years

You should have any one of this

1. House lease agreement(s) with both of your name for past 2 years

2. Any type of bill (phone/electricity) addressed to you & another type of bill addressed to your wife in SAME address & in SAME period of past 2 years

Even if you didnt stayed together for past 2 years atleast if you have Joint Bank account, and you have its bank statements of Past 2 years it will work out

But sorry to say this marriage certificate is not enough