ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benifits after ILR being granted

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asifmal
Newly Registered

Child Benifits after ILR being granted

Post by asifmal » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Dear All,
I got my ILR for myself my wife and son born in Pakistan on the 29th of June. While I've applied for my 2 kids born in the Uk for naturlaization and still awaiting decsion.

my question is that whether i can apply for child benfits for my kids? and is this safe to do so as I'm applying for the nationality June next year?

Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Yes you can.

Sapphire

Re: Child Benifits after ILR being granted

Post by Sapphire » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi Can you tell me what kind of benefits can you apply for? I am exactly in same position as of you just that I havent yet applied for passports for my kids born in the UK. Me my wife and a son have already been granted ILR

And also, what form did you use to apply for the passports for your kids born in UK?

Thanks

asifmal wrote:Dear All,
I got my ILR for myself my wife and son born in Pakistan on the 29th of June. While I've applied for my 2 kids born in the Uk for naturlaization and still awaiting decsion.

my question is that whether i can apply for child benfits for my kids? and is this safe to do so as I'm applying for the nationality June next year?

Thank you

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Child Benifits after ILR being granted

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Sapphire wrote:Can you tell me what kind of benefits can you apply for?
You may find the information available under following URL useful. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAnd ... /index.htm

umanghere

Child Benefit

Post by umanghere » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi,
Reading through the latest change as per
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/budget2012/tiin-0620.pdf
If I understand this correctly anyone with a gross salary greater then 60k shall not be getting child benefit from Jan 2013

Does this holds true. I just got ILR and not sure if its worth starting the process of claiming child benefit if I am affected by above salary threshold and Sep is about to start.