ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR process time

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Eyescoco
Newly Registered

ILR process time

Post by Eyescoco » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:22 pm

ILR by post, processing time 15 weeks.

Hi, I'm a new member and I wanted to share my experience with anyone who is in the process of applying for ILR or for those waiting for an answer. Before I put in my application, I have regularly visited this board and it has greatly assisted me, so thank you so much.

I have been working for the same employer since March 2006 on a work permit. The first work permit was granted for 2 years and thereafter renewed for 5 years.

First week of May 2012: I applied for ILR - work permit category, I used the postal route.
10 days later: received the acknowledgment letter.
12 days later: the payment fee was taken from my credit card.
First week of July 2012, letter received regarding biometric test and within 2 days biometric test completed.
12.8.2012: ILR granted
15.8.2012: ILR card in the post

Documents in support (3 copies of each document submitted together with originals):

3 months bank statement (last 3 months from date of application)
3 months payslips
Letter from employer confirming employment and including the code
Photocopy of each page of passport which had a stamp
Confirmation letter of 'Life in the UK' test
Marriage certificate (original work permit was granted on maiden name)
Current passport and previous passport

Hope my experience helps and good luck to you all.

Thanks

eyescoco :wink:

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:48 pm

Congrats mate !!

whitecity
Newly Registered

Re: ILR process time

Post by whitecity » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:26 pm

Eyescoco wrote:ILR by post, processing time 15 weeks.

Hi, I'm a new member and I wanted to share my experience with anyone who is in the process of applying for ILR or for those waiting for an answer. Before I put in my application, I have regularly visited this board and it has greatly assisted me, so thank you so much.

I have been working for the same employer since March 2006 on a work permit. The first work permit was granted for 2 years and thereafter renewed for 5 years.

First week of May 2012: I applied for ILR - work permit category, I used the postal route.
10 days later: received the acknowledgment letter.
12 days later: the payment fee was taken from my credit card.
First week of July 2012, letter received regarding biometric test and within 2 days biometric test completed.
12.8.2012: ILR granted
15.8.2012: ILR card in the post

Documents in support (3 copies of each document submitted together with originals):

3 months bank statement (last 3 months from date of application)
3 months payslips
Letter from employer confirming employment and including the code
Photocopy of each page of passport which had a stamp
Confirmation letter of 'Life in the UK' test
Marriage certificate (original work permit was granted on maiden name)
Current passport and previous passport

Hope my experience helps and good luck to you all.

Thanks

eyescoco :wink:
That's great eyescoco, my husband applied in May aswell, however this was a SET M application. Your timeline is very similar to his, however he is still waiting...I wonder if SET M process times are the same as Work Permit applications...I hope so as it means he should expect an answer soon....?! :)