ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business development and marketing consultancy

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

effell007

Business development and marketing consultancy

Post by effell007 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi,
We have formed a company where we provide business development and marketing consultancy for a specific industry. In addition, to support the business and clients we also sell custom made products for branding and marketing purpose.
our job titles are: Business development manager and marketing consultant.
Do you think the business and the job title is fine?
How about 'sales and marketing director' title for both of us?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:57 pm

I'm intentionally going to make a sceptical comment as I do want to help you and will take on the same frame of mind as the caseworker to see how you can counter this. What are the custom made products? It sounds like you sell stuff on-line but are trying to dress this up as something ancillary and supporting to the main business of development and marketing when, in fact, it's the tail that is wagging the dog. If the main business activity is selling products on-line, rather than offering an actual professional service to a graduate level, then you can't claim that as a profession eligible for Tier 1 (Ent)

effell007

Post by effell007 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:09 am

Lucapooka wrote:I'm intentionally going to make a sceptical comment as I do want to help you and will take on the same frame of mind as the caseworker to see how you can counter this. What are the custom made products? It sounds like you sell stuff on-line but are trying to dress this up as something ancillary and supporting to the main business of development and marketing when, in fact, it's the tail that is wagging the dog. If the main business activity is selling products on-line, rather than offering an actual professional service to a graduate level, then you can't claim that as a profession eligible for Tier 1 (Ent)
thanks for your reply. well clients this days don't go for professional advice just for marketing or business development consultancy unless they are offered something different from others. we are talking about personalized supplementary products all they can get from us in the way that can grow their brand. we also have other marketing tools. its it can be highlighted on advertise or website to differentiate form others.

sakib820
Newly Registered

Post by sakib820 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:13 am

Hi Effell007,
What qualification do you have? I am wondering whether you need relevant qualification for that. Also, membership from a trade body or so.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:18 am

Really, it's not possible to know, from what you have disclosed, if your business structure is eligible as such. It's really up to you to make your case that you are engaged in business activity, other than the work necessary to administer his business, in an occupation which appears on the list of occupations skilled to National Qualifications Framework level 4 and above, as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 Sponsors published by the UK Border Agency . I suppose that's where your marketing skills will really come into their own.

sakib820
Newly Registered

Post by sakib820 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:34 am

Thanks for your wise opinion. Really appreciate it.
Moreover, as one have rasied the question about the qualification, we have completed BA in Business Administration. Do you think qualification would be okay for the business we run?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:45 am

Can I just confirm that this discussion is with regard to a PSW to Tier 1 (Ent) switch? Your actual degree (the qualification you hold) does not have to be relevant to the business you intend to operate. It's only necessary that your main business activity must be skilled to a graduate level.

sakib820
Newly Registered

Post by sakib820 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:55 am

Lucapooka wrote:Can I just confirm that this discussion is with regard to a PSW to Tier 1 (Ent) switch? Your actual degree (the qualification you hold) does not have to be relevant to the business you intend to operate. It's only necessary that your main business activity must be skilled to a graduate level.
yes it is regard switching from psw to tier 1. I think I got my answer.
Many Thanks.