ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is reptile breeding and selling a NQF level 4 job?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

babyblue731
Newly Registered

Is reptile breeding and selling a NQF level 4 job?

Post by babyblue731 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:46 am

Hi guys!
I've come up with this crazy idea, as I'm a big fan of reptile pets, and I have them for ages!
What If I get some work done in my own backyard or even buy a certain piece of land to set up a sole trader business for reptile, mainly turtle breeding and then sell them to other lovers online or through other reptile lover forums?
Is this gonna work for the requirement of NQF level 4 job to switch visa from PSW to entrepreneur?
Thanks!

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:16 pm

What about the licence you will need?

Do you rent? If so, does the terms of your tenancy allow you to run a pet shop in your back yard?

babyblue731
Newly Registered

Post by babyblue731 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:02 pm

[quote="PaperPusher"]What about the licence you will need?

Do you rent? If so, does the terms of your tenancy allow you to run a pet shop in your back yard?[/quote]

Thanks for your reply!
Just done some research on this.
There is no such breeding licence for reptiles, but rather a pet shop licence, both business premises and private household.
the thing is, if I got this pet shop licence, is my job categorised in the NVQ level 4 or above?