ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR granted/Croydon 08/08 2012!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RatMonkey
Newly Registered

ILR granted/Croydon 08/08 2012!!

Post by RatMonkey » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:29 pm

Hey I thought I would give a report about my experience. I first entered UK on a working holiday visa from South Africa. I then spent 2 years on a student visa, then 2 years as a unmarried partner before getting ILR last week. I looked in June for a appointment and was shocked when the only open slot was 8 August, 2 days before my visa would expire!! Got it booked and proceeded to worry about olympics,IT issues and thought of having to do a postal application and wait.
However everything worked out great. 14:00 appointment, went inside at 13:30 and was done by 17:00. The biometric card arrrived on 14 August. 8)

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:10 pm

Congrate RatMonkey :)

focusuk
Newly Registered

Re: ILR granted/Croydon 08/08 2012!!

Post by focusuk » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:06 am

RatMonkey wrote:Hey I thought I would give a report about my experience. I first entered UK on a working holiday visa from South Africa. I then spent 2 years on a student visa, then 2 years as a unmarried partner before getting ILR last week. I looked in June for a appointment and was shocked when the only open slot was 8 August, 2 days before my visa would expire!! Got it booked and proceeded to worry about olympics,IT issues and thought of having to do a postal application and wait.
However everything worked out great. 14:00 appointment, went inside at 13:30 and was done by 17:00. The biometric card arrrived on 14 August. 8)
Hi,

What is the validty on the biometirc card? I have received mine and it shows validity of 10 Yrs. Is this the same for you?

Regards,