ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

total gross salary-how to calculate

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

freebirds

total gross salary-how to calculate

Post by freebirds » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:21 pm

Hi,

I need help reg calculating the gross earnings. my month sal from december 05 till sep 06 was 54000 p/m gross as per sal certificate asnd 62k from sep. but pay slips dont show the same figure, becos my salary 54k p/m has monthly,quarterly and annual components. so monthly fixed cash or montly components i get is 42000 - PF 2000 and tax and medical around 500. quarterly i get 5400 *3. this quarterly 5400 is a quarterly component. some 1300 p/m is paid annualy as annual benifit.
so, am confused how the caseworker will take the sal. am attaching sal cerificate that shows my previous gross per month as 54000 and hike letter and new sal certificate as 62000.
will this do? will the case worker consider my gross as 54000*9=486000 and 62000 *3 =186000 . in that case total will be 486+186=672000
672000/86 = 7800 pounds.
kindly advise me if this is ok. or do i need to product Charted accountant certificate.
also apart from the gross earning,s i also get shift allwoance fwhich is credited to my current sal account. can i claim that also. my offer letter / sal certi says that any other allowance related to the worker catergory is incl in sal. but the conveyance is not incl in the pay slip.
i am planning to get letter from CA. what u gys advise .
thanks

munawar5555
Newly Registered

Post by munawar5555 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:23 pm

What I feel your calculations can make confusion.

and in my opinion you must show :

1)You bank account statement which will show your Gross Salary credited to your account monthly, I think your company pay you by cheque which must be Grand Total of all your payslip calculations.

2)Letter from CA is more additional positive document to make case more perfect.

munawar5555
Newly Registered

Post by munawar5555 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:24 pm

1)You bank account statement which will show your Gross Salary credited to your account monthly, I think your company pay you by cheque which must be Grand Total of all your payslip calculations.

2)Letter from CA is more additional positive document to make case more perfect.

munawar5555
Newly Registered

Post by munawar5555 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:26 pm

gundep
Newly Registered

Post by gundep » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:15 am

munawar,

bank statements show only net salary. i.e monthly fixed cash i.e 42000 -8000 tax - 2000 pf -300 medical...so the rest i get every month.
but gross is 54000. gross is not credited to my bank account.

can i try getting letter from CA and also my company showing my total earnings...what i read from caseworkers manual is ..all taxable earnings, but my conveyance is non-taxable income.

also, if my total earnings are exactly equal to or just 20 or 30 pounds above 7500 .will that be ok. i.e 7530 or 7520..etc

pl help

munawar5555
Newly Registered

Post by munawar5555 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:36 am

If your account dont show Gross salary credit in account, they it may be little problem.

But if you can show letter from your company in which they will write your Gross income then it may be good.

Also CA letter will be another document.

This is best way I think, because they demand minimum 2 documents to see your earnings.

I am also new, and reading peoples comments at this site, you can also search this board to know more topics related to your topic with searching, then you can decide better what you have to do.

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:03 am

Munawar,

1. I think nobody's bank account shows gross salary. we only get the ne salary after deductions.
so, i am little confused, wheter to show bank accounts also.

2. one more imp thing is , can i show conveyance also, ?
did any one did so.
i work in an MNC and our company pays conveyance everymonth, its credited to my current account and i have company bills on letter head.
can i claim that also.

3. how much the currency fluctualtes. today the pound in INR is 85.141 as per XE.com. will it change drastically but next month. how much would one can guess the increase in the pound value. becos my gross annual salary would get affected. now my gross in pounds is 7569 approximately.

thanks

munawar5555
Newly Registered

Post by munawar5555 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:11 pm

I think you must get a letter from your company, or if your pay slip show all these things properly then it will be enough, I mean your Gross salary with all allowances, and then deductions , and then net amount of salary which will reflect in your account also then it will be better.

Check this board, here I saw some conversion websites, these website will help you to check past rates, they will consider your earning of last one year, and you can get these figures easily in any good money website for conversions, I am sure there is link in this board but I dont rememeber where. search it

munawar5555
Newly Registered

Post by munawar5555 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:12 pm

I think you must get a letter from your company, or if your pay slip show all these things properly then it will be enough, I mean your Gross salary with all allowances, and then deductions , and then net amount of salary which will reflect in your account also then it will be better.

Check this board, here I saw some conversion websites, these website will help you to check past rates, they will consider your earning of last one year, and you can get these figures easily in any good money website for conversions, I am sure there is link in this board but I dont rememeber where. search it

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:44 pm

For Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar...U can also show the last year IT returns,,,

those will be showing every part of your salary.

From HSMP notes:
1. Applicants should provide two forms of evidence for this section. Of the above types of evidence, the most suitable to demonstrate earnings are usually tax documents and pay slips. The other types of evidence can be
considered but we may need further information for clarification, which will delay the consideration of your application.

2. It is important to note that not all income will be considered. Unearned income such as dividends from investments (unless it is in a company in which you are active in day to day management), property rental income, and interest on savings or funds received through an inheritance are not used when calculating your income. We will not be able to consider any allowances paid to you that are not declared on your pay slips. If the company you work for pay part of you income in dividends then you should provide evidence that this has been declared as earnings. This should be in the form of either personal tax returns or the corporate tax voucher from the company.

Examples of the types of evidence we will require in order to award you points for your earnings include:
* 12 months wage slips - if your wage slips are not printed on company headed paper, they must be
stamped and signed by your employer. Wage slips not printed on headed paper or endorsed by the
employer will not be accepted as evidence of past earnings
* Income Tax return
* Letter from Accountants
* Letter from employer detailing salary
* Earnings from shares – if paid as part of your salary package (the shares must be in the company you are
working for)
Regards,

Pam Aujla

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:30 pm

Thansk a lot paramjit.

I will show form16 for the first four months and for the rest of the 8 months, i have company's documtn which show gross earnings for the entire year i.e 2006-2007 april. i.e projected gross earnings and income tax liablity. that has all gross earnisn for the year. they come to 650500 rs.
as per todays rate of 85.141 (www.xe.com) converting into pounds it would be 7566 pounds. but if the rate of the pound execeeds and gets to 86 rs , then the gross earnins per year in pounds may go down. am a little worried abt it.
am applying on december 1st. would the rate go up..to 86 pounds ...whats ur guess and observation...
pl help.
thanks,

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:03 pm

anybody pl update on this...am worried abt the coversion rate..as the caseworker takes the rate as per the day of the last pay slip..i.e in my case dec 1st 2006. now the rate as per xe.com is 85,1141..if it goes up then, i will be in soup...did anyone face this issue..

am planning tosend four - 5 docs for past earnings.

- all payslips --signed and stamped by emplyer..on plain a4 paper
- gross earnings on company letter head for the last 12 months..with IT projection
- bank statements
- CA letter confirming the pay earnings for 12 months with slaary breakup.

***** IAM AN MBA FROM ANDHRA UNIVERSITY...WILL I GET 25 POINTS FOR THIS... anyone in similary situation

many thansk..

Post by 1971 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:35 pm

I will advise you to do an Excel Spreadsheet explaining in details how the salary were paid and explain this also in the spreadsheet attaching the source of info: payslips, bank statement/tax returns e.t.c.

Cheers.

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:01 am

one last query.
my sal is divided into monthly , quarterly and annual components. so monthly iget only fixed components. oteher annual components though not paid everymonth, they are actually accrued. which means, i have earned but not credited..or paid to me. can i also claim that money as gross earnings.
simply said, can i include the income earned /accrued but not paid to me in my annual gross earnings.?
can i ask this question to HSMP team.
pl advise

abisurd
Newly Registered

Quarterly/Annual components on salary slips

Post by abisurd » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:20 pm

If your quarterly and annual components are paid once a quarter or at the end of the financial year, and are mentioned in your pay slips and Form 16, then they should be considered as part of your salary.

aqilzeeshan

Please give your comments

Post by aqilzeeshan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:45 pm

I got following gross salaries for last 8 months and i have 12 month initial visa

April = 4000
May = 2000
June = 2000
July = 2000
Auguest = 2000
September = 2333
October = 2333
November = 2333 + 400 something for overtime (will get it by the end of this month before applying on 5Dec)
==========
Total = 19300 Plus , that makes 30 Points of earning

I have 30 Points of Graduation
10 Points of Age 30
5 Points of Uk Experience
ILETS with band 7

That makes total of 75 points.

But the thing that is creating doubt in my mind is i was paid salary of March in April (as it took time to get NI and then bank account) but it is not mentioned anywhere in salary slip and salary slip shows 4000 gross for April. and taking into account 4000 of April in total gross of last 8 months will give me 75 points.

I will be sending 2 proofs of earning that is salary slips and bank statment.

Bank statement shows net salary ( after NI/tax deductions) , will it be a good proof ?

Am i in good shape or i am out of UK ?

Please give your comments