ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP delivery

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seepsaba
Newly Registered

BRP delivery

Post by seepsaba » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:35 pm

Can any one help clarify how do I receive my BRP while i'm away from home.
I got my ILR on Monday 13 August through PEO solihull.  I live in Cardiff and am currently away from my postal address until next week . The ILR approval letter says "on the delivery  the  courier will require proof of identity and signature to confirm receipt of the package".  Is it sent through special delivery? Can another family member receive this for me? Any response much appreciated.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:41 pm

This is a matter for the courier or Royal Mail (whichever it is). You need to ask them how you can redirect an undelivered package. It's likely that, in the event you are not their to receive it, the package will be returned to their sorting office to await instructions from you on what you would like to do. They normally leave a card with a telephone number.

black7

Post by black7 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Today I recieved my BRP, my ILR was approved on 14/8. I was at work when the courier man arrived, my wife showed my passport and recieved the document on my behalf, so I think as long as somebody is there at your address and can show a reasonable identity, then it should not be a problem

Regards

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:46 am

Thanks for the info black7 :)

do you know if they could deliver on weekends?

Cheers

seepsaba
Newly Registered

Post by seepsaba » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:04 am

They do not deliever on weekends. I got a email response from UKBA saying they deliver between 8-6 pm mon-fri. I've given my work address as they require ID and Signature to hand the BRP. am waiting anaxiously

tvj

Post by tvj » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:02 am

Hi,

I beleive BRP is delivered through DX Secure. I had my ILR approved on 16th, I called DX today morning at 01604 496798. Gave my postcode and address and he said that I have the BRP scheduled for delivery on Monday 20th. I could also get the tracking number from him.

This way it will can help you in knowing the status of the BRP and also help in redirecting it if needed.

Regards