ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved 15th of Aug @ POE Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

focusuk
Newly Registered

ILR Approved 15th of Aug @ POE Croydon

Post by focusuk » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi All,

Firstly, I would like to thank this board for all the information that is available which has made me prepare for my application. I was granted PR and the whole process took roughly five and half hours.
There were no questions or concerns raised about my application, but indeed it was a lot of waiting time and nail biting at times when numbers were called and not mine. Anyways at the end it went fine.

I have one concern however, when i was told I was granted ILR i was asked to sign a document which basically had my details on it. I was asked to verify all the information on this document and it was going to be used to print the BRP. The validity date mentioned on the document was for 10 years starting from the 15th of Aug 2012 to the 15th of Aug 2022. I was a bit confused by this and enquired why, the case worker told me that after an year i could apply for naturalisation and it wouldn’t matter. Can anyone confirm if this is the case with all ILR or have I been given a 10 year permit?

I supplied the following documents and a complete photocopy set including passport.

SET [O] Application Form
Passports for self + 2 dependants
Photographs x each applicant with my name written on the back
LIUK Test certificate
12 months payslips
5 years P60
12 months bank statements [marked where salary deposit entries made]
List of Absences on company letter head (same declared in the form)
Initial Work Permit Letter
Letter from my employer stating that I was still employed and the position would be continuing.
Cohabitation documents for each year in last 2 years
***Council Tax documents x 2 (joint)
Water bill X 2 (single)
BT Bill with both names (joint)
Bank statement (joint, different from the one above)
2 x NHS card
Our marriage certificate

Once again thanks for the information and support

Regards.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Approved 15th of Aug @ POE Croydon

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:44 pm

focusuk wrote: the case worker told me that after an year i could apply for naturalisation and it wouldn’t matter. Can anyone confirm if this is the case with all ILR or have I been given a 10 year permit?
It is not a 10 year permit. What it means is that BRP card that will be issued for your ILR will be valid for 10 years, after which you will need to enroll your biometrics again and get a new BRP (note this will only be required in the event you do not apply for naturalisation within that 10 year period). It's just like your driving licence which has an expiry date. You just apply for a new one at the time of expiry without having to pass the exam again.

brij4134

Re: ILR Approved 15th of Aug @ POE Croydon

Post by brij4134 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:49 pm

focusuk wrote:Hi All,

Firstly, I would like to thank this board for all the information that is available which has made me prepare for my application. I was granted PR and the whole process took roughly five and half hours.
There were no questions or concerns raised about my application, but indeed it was a lot of waiting time and nail biting at times when numbers were called and not mine. Anyways at the end it went fine.

I have one concern however, when i was told I was granted ILR i was asked to sign a document which basically had my details on it. I was asked to verify all the information on this document and it was going to be used to print the BRP. The validity date mentioned on the document was for 10 years starting from the 15th of Aug 2012 to the 15th of Aug 2022. I was a bit confused by this and enquired why, the case worker told me that after an year i could apply for naturalisation and it wouldn’t matter. Can anyone confirm if this is the case with all ILR or have I been given a 10 year permit?

I supplied the following documents and a complete photocopy set including passport.

SET [O] Application Form
Passports for self + 2 dependants
Photographs x each applicant with my name written on the back
LIUK Test certificate
12 months payslips
5 years P60
12 months bank statements [marked where salary deposit entries made]
List of Absences on company letter head (same declared in the form)
Initial Work Permit Letter
Letter from my employer stating that I was still employed and the position would be continuing.
Cohabitation documents for each year in last 2 years
***Council Tax documents x 2 (joint)
Water bill X 2 (single)
BT Bill with both names (joint)
Bank statement (joint, different from the one above)
2 x NHS card
Our marriage certificate

Once again thanks for the information and support

Regards.
Congrats to you. I have same case like you which is 5 year work permit. Can you able to help and send me format for employer letter which you submit for ILR. Thanks. Brij

focusuk
Newly Registered

Post by focusuk » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:11 pm

Thanks cs95tdg. Just in case if i dont apply for naturalisation, will i have to pay for renewal of the BRP?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:03 pm

focusuk wrote:Thanks cs95tdg. Just in case if i dont apply for naturalisation, will i have to pay for renewal of the BRP?
You will need to pay a fee for enrolling your biometrics again which will include the issuance of a new BRP card. See below for the current guidance: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 020091.pdf

focusuk
Newly Registered

Post by focusuk » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:06 pm

Thanks Mate

brij4134 - I have PM'd the letters to you.

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:10 am

ok - Case worker did not ask me to sign anything after I got my ILR?

am confused!!

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:00 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
focusuk wrote:Thanks cs95tdg. Just in case if i dont apply for naturalisation, will i have to pay for renewal of the BRP?
You will need to pay a fee for enrolling your biometrics again which will include the issuance of a new BRP card. See below for the current guidance: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 020091.pdf
haha after ten years BRP issuance fee will be £ 1000 pounds i believe

focusuk
Newly Registered

CHAPTER 6 PERMANENT RESIDENCE

Post by focusuk » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:57 am

CHAPTER 6
PERMANENT RESIDENCE

4. Validity of documents certifying permanent residence and permanent residence cards
A Document Certifying Permanent Residence does not have a date of expiry. However, a Permanent Residence Card is valid for 10 years from the date of issue and must be renewed upon application. This is subject to Regulation 20(3) concerning the loss of the right of permanent residence.

A Document Certifying Permanent Residence and a Permanent Residence Card will cease to be valid if the holder ceases to have a right of permanent residence under Regulation 15(2).

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary