ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Croydon HSMP 2 yrs + Tier 1 3 yrs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajasekhar_you

ILR Success Croydon HSMP 2 yrs + Tier 1 3 yrs

Post by rajasekhar_you » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:40 pm

hi ya,

i m happy to share that i got my ILR success today.

i was so tempted to go for agent just because i am used to but reading the forum cases, gained confidence and did it myself. thanks to all the people who maintain and use it.

cut story ..summary below.
single applicant HSMP 2 yrs plus Tier 1 3 yrs. no absences more than 90 in single trip and no absences more than 180 in total 5 yrs.
appointment at 955 AM. checked in 925 AM.
at the gate showed my appointment letter. then was asked to goto security. same like airport, remove all things, belts jackets..all those. straight went inside, a lady called me , checked my application validity, gave a token ( which will be my number all around till approval). and asked to pay fees in first floor. went there and was asked to pay fees, got a receipt and asked to go inside for biometrics. there my counter was called, a pretty Asian girl checked my docs ( basic check ) and said sit back u will called for biometrics. few mins later biometrics was called and gave it. then the wait started man. took almost 2 hrs to be called by the case worker. i think they call on the basis of no. of people, i was called before the people who came in. went and this time another asian lady - seem very polite asked to give me all the docs i have. gave just below docs :

originals
my application form with photos. i filled in form with a pdf editor.
payslips attested with hr
bank statements marked with my salaries.
letter from employer ( as my payslips were little confusing with expenses)
P60's ( here i was stupid, she didnt ask, but i asked her whether she needs it, i shd say dont give anything until asked. )
LFUK certificate
Home office initial approval letter ( HSMP in my case)

copies:
passport pages
copies of all above

NO NEED TO HAVE ANYTHING EXTRA, NO 5 YRS BANK STATEMENTS OR PAYSLIPS, NO ADDRESS PROOFS FOR UR STAY.

thats all , she took about 45 mins just on my case, called me , told those golden words,' u r approved, no stamping on ur passport, ur Biometric cards will arrive in a week'. gave me a letter stating my approval.

people who r driving , i would say it is convenient to go by car. there is a manned car park opp to lunar house ( peo office) with post code CR01UP called Whitgift charging £5 for whole day- . second car park next to it is with many automated ticketing machines is hourly one ,is maintained by NCP charging £8 for more than 3 hrs.
i think the area around is pretty cool, nice shopping mall to go around if u get bored.
i think the overall exp in the PEO office is also good. and didnt know that there are speakers announcing the ticket numbers in wash rooms as well, so feel free to ease urself if u need to :-). i think it will be better if u can carry some drinks & food as it saves time & energy.

waiting for my BRP.
thanx all again!

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:37 am

Many Many Congrats rajasekhar_you :)

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:58 am

A great Congratulation. You mentioned about "Home office initial approval letter ( HSMP in my case) " Did the case officer ask for it? It was 5 years ago I am not sure I even have it.. :oops:

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

HO approval letter

Post by arifahmmed » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Hi rajasekhar,
Congratulations and thank U for shearing your lucky experience with us. You said U provided home office approval letter (HSMP approval letter). Did U provided this letter from your self or asked to give by case worker. Did U give point scoring letter as well (that HO gave U with HSMP lapproval etter at bbeginning).
Thanks

rajasekhar_you

Post by rajasekhar_you » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:59 am

hi arif & nionlight,

in the set-o form, if you see section 11L for tier 1 ( general ) it does ask :

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

the above thing can be proved by the initial HSMP approval letter.

The case worker doesnt ask anything, they just say give all the docs which you have for your case. if they need anything else, they will come back to you. in my case i gave all of them. if u dont have the initial approval letter, i would say try to get the latest extension approval letter which you would have got from border agency. if you dont have any of them , it shd be still alright as your visa stamp proves you have met the criteria.

cheers.

inna

Post by inna » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:39 pm

You filled in the application form with a computer and then printed it out?

rajasekhar_you

Post by rajasekhar_you » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:45 pm

inna wrote:You filled in the application form with a computer and then printed it out?
yes used the pdf editor. there are many out there. did it online at www.pdfescape.com. it is not so great but you can get many editors in the net, foxit pdf editor. search in torrents.

but i strongly suggest if you have enough time, as itis really time consuming.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Educational evidence

Post by arifahmmed » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi rajasekhar_you & zahid.ali.anwar;
I am in same category like U were (2 yr HSMP+ 3 yr TIER 1). My EC was in December 2007. I am confused about set o form section 9B (Qualifications assessments).
"If you have claimed points for a qualification on a previous Tier 1 (General) application and sent in evidence of the qualification at that time, you should still list this qualification in this section below. However, you do not need to provide this evidence again in order to claim points for this application."

In my case I only submitted my educational evidence at initial HSMP application time and during extention (In our case it was switching to Tier 1) I did not send any evidence for education with tier 1 form. Just ticked box (evidence previously provided with HSMP application).

I am confused for SET O application form. Shall I sent all my documents certificate and transcript) again or just tick box 9B4 (Evidence is not required for current application because it was submitted for a previous Tier 1 General application).
Also which box I shall tick 9B3 (At tier 1 extension form I ticked the box QUALIFICATION RECOGNISED ON POINT BASED ALCULATOR). Shll I tick the same box now.
Could U please explain or What you have followed yours.
Regards

rajasekhar_you

Re: Educational evidence

Post by rajasekhar_you » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:01 pm

arifahmmed wrote:Hi rajasekhar_you & zahid.ali.anwar;
I am in same category like U were (2 yr HSMP+ 3 yr TIER 1). My EC was in December 2007. I am confused about set o form section 9B (Qualifications assessments).
"If you have claimed points for a qualification on a previous Tier 1 (General) application and sent in evidence of the qualification at that time, you should still list this qualification in this section below. However, you do not need to provide this evidence again in order to claim points for this application."

In my case I only submitted my educational evidence at initial HSMP application time and during extention (In our case it was switching to Tier 1) I did not send any evidence for education with tier 1 form. Just ticked box (evidence previously provided with HSMP application).

I am confused for SET O application form. Shall I sent all my documents certificate and transcript) again or just tick box 9B4 (Evidence is not required for current application because it was submitted for a previous Tier 1 General application).
Also which box I shall tick 9B3 (At tier 1 extension form I ticked the box QUALIFICATION RECOGNISED ON POINT BASED ALCULATOR). Shll I tick the same box now.
Could U please explain or What you have followed yours.
Regards
in my form , 9B3 is to select points
in 9B2 i checked
Qualification recognised on points calculator and evidence submitted as part of previous Tier 1 (General) application
in 9B4 i checked:
Evidence is not required for current application because it was submitted for a previous Tier 1 (General) application

i didnt submit my degree original or copy. it went fine.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Educational evidence

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:14 am

Hi rajasekhar_you,
Thanks for your reply. However did you submitted your evidence (Degree certificate and transcript) at the time of tier 1 extension.

Thanks
Arif

rajasekhar_you

Re: Educational evidence

Post by rajasekhar_you » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:30 am

arifahmmed wrote:Hi rajasekhar_you,
Thanks for your reply. However did you submitted your evidence (Degree certificate and transcript) at the time of tier 1 extension.

Thanks
Arif
I didnt do my visa myself that time, i did by an agent, but i remember he took my certificate only in case if needed. he didnt submit, he selected the same option, that proof submitted in initial application.

how are you planning to ur application , post? if you are doing for post , then better keep the original in the docs original, no harm. but if you are submitting in person, then i would say keep the docs as minimum and just required to make it fast as possible. but i am pretty sure, they are not bothered for ur degree or qualification for ILR as you should have proved it anyways in ur first application, if you have approval letter, then u r safe man.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:41 am

Hi rajasekhar_you,
I applied for my extension application myself by post and I choose the same that proof submitted in initial application. All went fine at that moment. I am planning to submit in person for ILR some time after 15 NOV this year. I just not want to face any question about education points. I kept both initial HSMP and Tier 1 grant letter. Thanks for your reply.
Regards