ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success for ILR at Croydon PEO 16th August

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fatimahanif
Newly Registered

Success for ILR at Croydon PEO 16th August

Post by fatimahanif » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:04 am

Hi All,

I would like to share my experience of ILR applicaiton at Croydong PEO today. This forum has provided so much guidance to me that I am thankful to all the members and especially senior members who are so helpful in clarifying issues.

I have applied for ILR under the judicial review. I have been working with the same employer all through this time.

My appointment was at 12 and I entered at 11:30 by 12 I was already registered for biometric and at 12:10 my biormetrics were done. At 2:45 I was asked to go to the second floor and was seen by a case worker. He seemed quite confused as first he missed that I was applying under JR and was asking me how much I earned before and how much now. Afther I pointed out to him he starting looking at the immigration history page. That was the only thing he looked at carefully and everything else he barely glanced it.

He asked me how many days I have been out and I told him a total of 205 but 25 of those were due to my father's death. He started inputting all this in a spreadsheet and told me my total is 295. I was first shocked and then I said its not possible. He turned his computer screen towards me and I noticed that in entering one of the date of return instead of putting 25-01-2011 he entered 25-04-2011 which meant I was out of country for 120 days instead of 30. When I corrected him he changed it and the total was 205. He then said that 'its unlikely that they can make a decision today as my days outside UK are over the limit and if they are more than 190 they have to extend the case and send the applicaiton to another department, who will make the decison'. I got worried as that was the only problemetic thing in my application. I asked him why cant he ask someone now, he said he can but sitll it may not be possible to get a decision today. I kept on insisting and he finally said he will ask. He asked me to wait in the waiting area and put his blind down. I saw him moving in the room, he grabbed his jacket and left the room. I thought 'great he is going on a break'. He returned after 15 minutes and then grabbed some papers form his desk (assuming some part of my applicaiton form) and went to speak to somone. He returnedin about 1 minute and put his blind up and motioned for me to come. He then told me that it is fine, not a problem and added 'you are not allowed to be out of country for more than 180 days but when they exluded the pain annual leave, it is fine'.

I was so releived and thanked him for taking out the time to consult. He then asked me to sit and started entering stuff on this computer. He entered information from my salary slips, bank statements and P60 all from photocopies. He kept going for almost 40 minutes and finally gave me the letter, my original documents and explained that I will get the BRP in 7 working days. I left the office at 4pm.

So all in all not a bad experience apart from the hurdle about the absences. I found the staff to be polite and courteous. He also warmed up a bit later on as in the beginning he seemed disintered and I felt he wanted me out of there leaving the documents there, may be he was just tired or needed the break as his attitude was much better after he took the break.

The documents I took

Letter from UKBA at last extenion
HSMP approval letter
Life In The UK Pass notificaiton (thought I was not required to do it but did it)
Absence summary sheet
Passport stmaps pages (copies)
Letter from employer with income
Letter from employer explaining bereavement leave
Salary slips 12 months
2 bank statements 12 months
P60 for last 5 years

Now looking forward to receiving my BRP.

Thank you all and good luck to other applicnats.

fatimahanif
Newly Registered

Post by fatimahanif » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:14 pm

Just to add that I received my BRP card on the morning of 3rd working day. My appointment was on 16th and I got the card on 21st August.

smkengr

Post by smkengr » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:44 pm

Congrats !!

I have got my ILR today so hope to get BRP in few days.

Soh

fatimahanif
Newly Registered

Post by fatimahanif » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:50 pm

Soh congratulations, you should receive it soon. I was surprised to get mine only in 3 days...

coolbuddy

Post by coolbuddy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:13 pm

Congratulations Fatima on getting your ILR.

fatimahanif
Newly Registered

Post by fatimahanif » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:23 pm

thank you coolbuddy