ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Conucil tax payment thorugh courts treated as criminal?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shace

Is Conucil tax payment thorugh courts treated as criminal?

Post by Shace » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:55 am

Is Conucil tax payment thorugh courts treated as criminal offence?

I was sent abroad for 3 months by my company, and didnt pay the council tax for that 3 months
got a court order which i coudnt go as well, anyway this went to debt collectors and balifs. on my return to uk i immidiatly paid the balance also i did call the council to check wheather this is conviction? but this is what council said....

we dont issue (CCJ) and we issue only (CJ) court judgement and this dosent affect the credit rating or either treated as a spent/unspet conviction.

I am not sure wheather i have to mention this in the next FLR/ILR application.
Is not paying a bill on time and going through the courts to pay is treated as conviction or not?

please share your expereinces!!!

Rgds,
Shace

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:42 pm

non-payment of Council Tax is a civil offence and not a criminal offence
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

Shace

Post by Shace » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi Scropio
Thanks for your response!!! so there is no need to include civil offence details in the application. is that right!!!!
Shace

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:00 pm

if it does not ask for it then dont..
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

bipsan

Non Payment of credit card and over draft?

Post by bipsan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:38 pm

scorpio_besal wrote:if it does not ask for it then dont..
Hi...
I have not made payment of credit card and Bank over draft for last few years, since lost my Job due to recession, received couple of letters for debt collector and I have not replied either, now since last an year I change my address and hope my old address still getting same letter.

Is this going to Affect my Tier1 extension as any offence or crime?

Please do advice me...

Regds

Bipsan

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Re: Non Payment of credit card and over draft?

Post by scorpio_besal » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:43 pm

bipsan wrote:
scorpio_besal wrote:if it does not ask for it then dont..
Hi...
I have not made payment of credit card and Bank over draft for last few years, since lost my Job due to recession, received couple of letters for debt collector and I have not replied either, now since last an year I change my address and hope my old address still getting same letter.

Is this going to Affect my Tier1 extension as any offence or crime?

Please do advice me...

Regds

Bipsan

It is not a criminal offence, and as long as you have all your paper work ready as per ukba guide lines, you should be ok
Regards,
A Mutant Member