ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Fees

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bobo5
Newly Registered

Maintenance Fees

Post by bobo5 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:21 pm

I am sorry if this has been asked before, I have looked through the forums with no success. I have a question regarding the maintenance fees: if I will be employed by an A-rated certified sponsor, do I still need to present maintenance fees of £900 or more, for at least 90 consecutive days?

I've read on the UKBA's Tier 2 Guidance that your sponsor can write a letter certifying that they will maintain and accommodate you up to the end of the first month if required.

Do I still need to show the bank statements if my sponsor shows this letter?

Finally, if my bank statements are not in english, do I have to translate every single page of them by a certified translator, or it is not necessary?

These might look like trivial questions but they could make a difference in granting or denying a visa, so many thanks in advance for your help.
Last edited by bobo5 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kumar125

Post by kumar125 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:01 pm

First check your COS for maintenance option, see whether your Sponsor has ticked " Yes" for maintenance,

If your sponsor has ticked " Yes", then letter from sponsor is sufficient,
No need to maintain funds in your Bank.

If your sponsor has ticked " No" for maintenance, then You need to maintain funds £900 for 3 months.

bobo5
Newly Registered

Post by bobo5 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:04 pm

clear and concise. Many thanks!

How about the bank statements though, in case I present them. Do they need to be translated?

kumar125

Post by kumar125 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:15 pm

I have not heard of Bank statement being translated ?, I doubt whether it is acceptable or not.

Why do you need to show funds ?, when your sponsor is already stated in your COS that they will take care you for 1 month ?