ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Solihull 17/08/2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nouman
Newly Registered

ILR success at Solihull 17/08/2012

Post by Nouman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:51 pm

Just wanted to share my Experience at solihull today.

Appointment time 11:00 AM, ILR SET(O) application. Booked appointment 42 days ago at Midnight.

HSMP from 13/09/07 to 13/09/09
Entry into UK on 21/10/2007
Tier1 from 13/09/09 to 13/09/2012

Absences: 121 days ( 40 Holiday paid leave, rest were work related).

Same employer for 5 years.

Documents submitted:
12 months pay slips ( Electronic sign and sealed by employer).
12 months Bank statements.
LIUK test certificate.
Photocopies of all above.

I had P60s he returned them and said he didnt need them.

Arrived at 10.30 AM. Went through security and was not given a token number till the morning appointments were cleared.
Token given at 11.30 AM.
I Saw case worker at 11.40 AM. The whole conversation took 10 minutes and ILR was granted. He did match payslips with Bank statements.
Asked to pay the fee, Biometrics in the next 20 minutes. Then was told to either wait for an hour or chill outside in solihull town center. I went out and chilled.
I came back after 45 minutes. Documents were ready and told biometric permit will arrive within 7 working days.

Very very nice staff.

Thanks for all the help and good luck everyone.

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:26 am

Many Congrats Nouman :)

Nouman
Newly Registered

Post by Nouman » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:05 pm

BACK_TO_GB wrote:Many Congrats Nouman :)
thanks back to GB

rizwo

Post by rizwo » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:39 am

Many Many cong

Did he match your days of absence from your passport to your ILR form or straightforward check the payslips and bank statements and other points?

Plz Answer

Smam

Heartiest Congrats !!!!

Post by Smam » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:58 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Please do kindly keep us posted once you'll receive your BRP cards.

Good luck for the future.

inna

Post by inna » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:15 am

Congrats - good to hear.

Nouman
Newly Registered

Post by Nouman » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:22 am

rizwo wrote:Many Many cong

Did he match your days of absence from your passport to your ILR form or straightforward check the payslips and bank statements and other points?

Plz Answer
Hi rizwo, he did not match the days of absences from passport. He simply saw the total and that was it. Even if he had matched, i doubt he would have got anywhere, i traveled way back in 2008 and those stamps are not readable anymore. they have faded away.

Thanks guys.

YZNott
Newly Registered

Post by YZNott » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:31 am

Hi, do you know when should phone them to book a PEO appointment? How long in advance, 3 months? Many thanks

inna

Post by inna » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:24 am

YZNott wrote:Hi, do you know when should phone them to book a PEO appointment? How long in advance, 3 months? Many thanks
From my experience, you need to book via the website. Do it at midnight as during the day it will almost always say there's no appointments. Do it approximately 42 days before you want the appointment... so maybe 2 months before expiry?

Nouman
Newly Registered

Post by Nouman » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:30 am

HI Guys, BRP received today. Well it was suppose to receive yesterday but i was not home, had to request re-delivery.

All done and next step citizenship next year..

Thanks for all your help.

Nouman

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Qualification assesments

Post by arifahmmed » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:03 pm

Hi Nouman,
Congratulation for your good time.
I am in same category like U were (2 yr HSMP+ 3 yr TIER 1). My EC was in December 2007. I am confused about set o form section 9B (Qualifications assessments).
"If you have claimed points for a qualification on a previous Tier 1 (General) application and sent in evidence of the qualification at that time, you should still list this qualification in this section below. However, you do not need to provide this evidence again in order to claim points for this application."

In my case I only submitted my educational evidence at initial HSMP application time and during extention (In our case it was switching to Tier 1) I did not send any evidence for education with tier 1 form. Just ticked box (evidence previously provided with HSMP application).

I am confused for SET O application form. Shall I sent all my documents certificate and transcript) again or just tick box 9B4 (Evidence is not required for current application because it was submitted for a previous Tier 1 General application).
Also which box I shall tick 9B3 (At tier 1 extension form I ticked the box QUALIFICATION RECOGNISED ON POINT BASED ALCULATOR). Shll I tick the same box now.
Could U please explain or What you have followed yours.
Regards

Nouman
Newly Registered

Post by Nouman » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:14 am

Hi arifahmmed, thanks for your kind wishes.

You do not need to send qualification or age assessment since this was supplied with initial HSMP application.

ALso you need to select qualification recognized on points based calculator and evidence previously provided as tier 1 application.

HSMP and Tier 1 are basically the same categories, its just that in 2008 HSMP named was changed and further categories added when government introduced a tier immigration system similar to which Australia had. HSMP became tier 1 general.

In my case following two things were checked.

Main concern is your previous earning section. Payslips and amount transferred to your account ( bank statement) should match exactly. if not then proof is required as to why not. letter from bank or employer.

Another concern is the number of days outside UK should not be more than 180 with no over 90 days. if there is then proof as to why?.

I hope this helps.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:22 am

Hi Nouman, Thanks for your advice and guidence. Yes, this information will help me.
Regards

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:29 pm

congrats Nouman

a quick question. did you book for 17 August while you were eligible on 16th August as per 28 day rule.

i would like to confirm as I have booked one for 8th october or should i change it to 9th October just in case.

8th October is 28 days before my visa expiry so technically its the 29th day if you know what i mean

Nouman
Newly Registered

Post by Nouman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:42 am

innocentdevil yes that is correct. I booked it for 17th due to 28 day rule whihc is 27 days before expiry. i think you will be fine as rules say 28 days before.