ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Extension - Plz Help !

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajivkhanna19
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Extension - Plz Help !

Post by rajivkhanna19 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:13 pm

Hello friends,

I would like to thank you all for helping those who have less knowledge and resources about UK Visas and immigration!

I applied for my Tier 1 (General) Visa application on 1st december 2010 but came to UK in 3rd week of November 2011. I had the job in the 2nd week of my arrival. Now, I have plans to visit India around Diwali, so, I am thinking of applying for Tier 1 (General) Visa extension with my 9 months salary (in first week of September) to add the required points for extension.

I have a few doubts & I'll appreciate if you will be able to comment:-

Q1. I have just stayed in UK for 9+ months so far. Can I use my 9 months salary as Earnings to cover a 'consecutive 12 month period' as mentioned by UKBA?
Q2. Will I gain points for 'UK EXPERIENCE' for the 9 months earnings I will declare (instead of whole 12 months earnings)?
Q3. Are there any other problems or issues I can face by applying so early for the extension (with a stay of 9+ months in UK)?
Q4. Will I need to submit all my original documents again (as submitted with my original application) including a Letter from my Institute confirming the medium of course as English.
Q5. How long does it takes for processing if I get an appointment with UKBA in London (instead of applying by post)? If that process is quick, Please suggest a consultant company that can get me a UKBA appointment at competitive rates.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers !
Rajiv Khanna

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier 1 General Extension - Plz Help !

Post by scorpio_besal » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:03 pm

rajivkhanna19 wrote:
Hello friends,

I would like to thank you all for helping those who have less knowledge and resources about UK Visas and immigration!

I applied for my Tier 1 (General) Visa application on 1st december 2010 but came to UK in 3rd week of November 2011. I had the job in the 2nd week of my arrival. Now, I have plans to visit India around Diwali, so, I am thinking of applying for Tier 1 (General) Visa extension with my 9 months salary (in first week of September) to add the required points for extension.

I have a few doubts & I'll appreciate if you will be able to comment:-

Q1. I have just stayed in UK for 9+ months so far. Can I use my 9 months salary as Earnings to cover a 'consecutive 12 month period' as mentioned by UKBA?

yes

Q2. Will I gain points for 'UK EXPERIENCE' for the 9 months earnings I will declare (instead of whole 12 months earnings)?

yes

Q3. Are there any other problems or issues I can face by applying so early for the extension (with a stay of 9+ months in UK)?

they will extend your stay from the day you are applying, if you are not applying in the last 30 days of your visa expiry.

Q4. Will I need to submit all my original documents again (as submitted with my original application) including a Letter from my Institute confirming the medium of course as English.

No

Q5. How long does it takes for processing if I get an appointment with UKBA in London (instead of applying by post)? If that process is quick, Please suggest a consultant company that can get me a UKBA appointment at competitive rates.

apply your self without paying addtional charges to others @
https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/

Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

rajivkhanna19
Newly Registered

Post by rajivkhanna19 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:19 pm

Thanks mate!