ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation Proof documents - SET (O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

giffin
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Cohabitation Proof documents - SET (O)

Post by giffin » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:20 pm

Dear friends,
Could you please help? I am afraid I did not find any legal documents to demonstrate what kind of documents I should provide in my situation.
I am HSMP 2 years + Tier 1 3 years and due to apply for PR in next month.
My husband hold dependent visa from earlier 2010.
I am not sure what kind of Cohabitation proof documents should we provide?
The documents we have now in the following:
Me: debit card monthly bank statement for the last 24 months.
Dependent: 3 years' council tax
The address on these documents are some. Unfortunately we don't have any documents with both our name on.
Could you please suggest if it is ok? If not, what else documents we can provide? Such as police registration/medical card - are they eligible?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Gina

giffin
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Cohabitation Proof documents - SET (O)

Post by giffin » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:38 am

Can anyone help? Thank you!!!

tvj

Post by tvj » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi,

The expectation from the CW in terms of Co habitation is 6 types of documents spread over 2 years from different sources. So for eg. you have 24 months of a bank statement, they just take one from that. Then we need to provide another 5.

I had only one document which had both names together rest were on individual names but the same address.

Also please note Online statements for Eg Electricity and Gas bills was not considered as proof.

Regards

giffin
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by giffin » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:25 pm

tvj wrote:Hi,

The expectation from the CW in terms of Co habitation is 6 types of documents spread over 2 years from different sources. So for eg. you have 24 months of a bank statement, they just take one from that. Then we need to provide another 5.

I had only one document which had both names together rest were on individual names but the same address.

Also please note Online statements for Eg Electricity and Gas bills was not considered as proof.

Regards
Thank you tvj.
The 6 types of documents - does they have to cover all the 24 months? e.g., if I provide GP letter, I don't think I will have the letter every month. If I have one GP letter in 2010 and one in 2012, are they one type of documents?
Thanks!!

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Ask an insurance company to send you a life insurance quote for you both as joint policy, if you still have time. this could be used as one of the 5 that you still needed.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

tvj

Post by tvj » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:09 pm

Hi Giffin,

No. You dont need to have that for 24 months.

I can explain what they did in my case

In the CW's check list sheet they have rows covering the years as below. They have this check list for each type of ILR application.

2012 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun July Aug] .... Dec
2011 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun July Aug .... Dec
2010 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun July [Aug .... Dec

here My 2 year period was from Aug 2010 to Aug 2012. So the CW marked the start and end point with brackets. Then for each cohabitation document, they stuck off a month. In my case the first document was a bank statement for Sep 2010, so Sep in 2010 was crossed. Like that they cross across varied months across the 2 year period, which I if I am not mistaken was 6 crosses across the 2 year period.

So if you see even an individual letter which you received during a year could be used.

Regards
tvj

giffin
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by giffin » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:39 am

tvj wrote:Hi Giffin,

No. You dont need to have that for 24 months.

I can explain what they did in my case

In the CW's check list sheet they have rows covering the years as below. They have this check list for each type of ILR application.

2012 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun July Aug] .... Dec
2011 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun July Aug .... Dec
2010 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun July [Aug .... Dec

here My 2 year period was from Aug 2010 to Aug 2012. So the CW marked the start and end point with brackets. Then for each cohabitation document, they stuck off a month. In my case the first document was a bank statement for Sep 2010, so Sep in 2010 was crossed. Like that they cross across varied months across the 2 year period, which I if I am not mistaken was 6 crosses across the 2 year period.

So if you see even an individual letter which you received during a year could be used.

Regards
tvj
Hello tvj,
It's so kind of you to giving the explanation. Can I doubly check if my understanding is right?
My 24 months bank statements can cross 24 but because it is from one source it therefore only cross one. Same for my husband's 3 year's council tax bill - cross one. My husband's 5 months bank statement cross one. Our individual medical card cross another two. My own water bill cross one. So, there 6 cross, can pass?
Another question, since my bank statement coving 2 years and my husband council tax bill covering 3 years. So there is no other requirements for other documents, I.e., they could me all recently. Am my understanding right? If its wrong, does it mean all other documents have to be even? If so, are the debit card statement and credit statement issued from same bank are different source?
Regards,

tvj

Post by tvj » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:11 pm

Bank Statements and Credit Card Statements I believe are considered 2 seperate docs.

Carry as much as possible in terms of atleast one person. My guiding rule was to have atleast one document which is spaced out every 4 months.

Hope this helps.

kareem152
Newly Registered

cohabitation documents for ilr set (O)

Post by kareem152 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:39 am

Hello everyone,

hope you all are doing good.

I am on Tier 1-General and my ILR is due by April 2013. My Wife came to UK in August 2010 and went back to Pakistan on 15 October 2010 and again returned to UK in the first week of April 2011 (Its a 5 months and two weeks gap)....Since then she is staying in UK. As we are to apply for ILR on PEO by the first week of April 2013 so which 2 years for cohabitation period will be counted by CW.

We have been living on 3 different addresses where all the bills were inclusive in the rent. In such case if following docs are ok for CW

1. Registration of NI Letter dated September 2010
2. First Landlord Letter in my and her name for August 2010
3. Second Landlord Letter in my and her name for April 2011
4. Current Landlord Letter in my and her name on June 2012
5. Her GP/NHS registration Card dated April 2011
6. Her Barclay bank statement September 2012
7. Our joint account statement of Lloyds TSB September 2012
8. Child Birth Registration Certificate for my UK Born child, both names on it i.e mine and my wife’s name, Dated May 2011
9. Some NHS/hospital letters on Wife’s name for 2011
10. Her Provisional Driving License Letter 2011

These are the max documents that we can provide at PEO. Please recommend which other cohabitation documents (except utility bills/council tax/TV License/) can we get easily in coming 5 months.

(I will be providing my one year bank statements, wage slips, P60s, company letter)

Thank you,

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:27 am

check with your council if they can issue you Certificate of residence based on the names on the electoral role register. I requested one from my council for the two address i have lived at for the past two years and they have sent me 2 certificates free of cost. Some councils however would charge you a fee like a 10er.

I requested this certificate as i have'nt got utility bills on my wife's names and just to have as many proofs as possible.

kareem152
Newly Registered

cohabitation documents for ilr set (O)

Post by kareem152 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:22 pm

Thanks Ozair for a supportive suggestion.

Please inform if ASDA/Tesco home delivery bill/invoices in the name of my wife can be considered as cohabitation documents.

Regards

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:40 am

I would say keep it but dont rely on it!

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:38 pm

Can a credit check report such as the one from experian etc be used as a one of the documents. i mean i does contain old details and addresses with dates. ????

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:49 pm

tvj wrote:Bank Statements and Credit Card Statements I believe are considered 2 seperate docs.

Carry as much as possible in terms of atleast one person. My guiding rule was to have atleast one document which is spaced out every 4 months.

Hope this helps.
Even if they are from the same bank?
So can i use gas and electricity bills both even if both are from british gas. Are they going to be counted as 2 separate documents too?