ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final Check - Tier 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

darkhorse10

Final Check - Tier 1 Extension

Post by darkhorse10 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:41 pm

Hi there,

I am going for Tier 1 Extension next Tuesday (28th Aug) at Liverpool PEO.
Just wanted someone to have a final check of the checklist I am taking there with me.

- Bank Statements (Sept 2011 to July 2012) as proof of Salary from Sept 2011 to July 2012
- Internet Bank statement for the last month August 2012, for the proof of salary in August 2012.
- Payslips (sept 2011 to Aug 2012)
- Application form
- Statements mentioned above for Maintenance of funds too.
- My passport and BRP
- Two photographs

Do I need to take photocopies of the above mentioned documentation? Did I miss any important docs?

Thanks
Nik

Trickytok

Post by Trickytok » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:14 am

Internet bank statements....? Nope

Trickytok

Post by Trickytok » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:15 am

Internet bank statements....? Nope do take photocopies... But photocopies r nt tht imp.... Bank statements should be stamped and signed by bank and must include all the info requested in guiddlines

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:16 am

be careful about the internet banking statement, make it stamped and signed
Fingers crossed.....Trust in God.....

darkhorse10

Post by darkhorse10 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:50 am

My bank is First Direct, which is Internet-Only bank. They send me statements every month, but this month's statement is due only in September. I have called the bank to request a statement until 16th August, which would show my salary this month. But for the 90-day period, I need to have the statement until 21st August. It takes 7-10 working days for the statements to come through. I couldn't find any other option than internet statements. The statements have the Logo on it and can't find a difference between the statements they send me over post.

What should I be doing for the period after 16th August, if Internet statements are not accepted?

layman

Post by layman » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:37 pm

If your salary is seen in the statements till 16thAug(that you have requested from the bank), why do you need statements till 21st Aug? For the 90-day period for maintenance funds, the statements can be within 31 days of your date of appilcation. The information here says

The most recent bank statement must show a date within 31 days before the date of your application.

So if you have proper bank statements till 16th Aug you dont need the internet statements.

darkhorse10

Post by darkhorse10 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:39 pm

90-day period is from 21st May to 21st August, that's the reason I need statements covering those dates.

Regarding First Direct, is there any different I need to do, as it is Internet only bank.

darkhorse10

Post by darkhorse10 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Sorry, I will detail a bit more on my bank statements so that you can give me proper advise.

My bank statements for Salary proof contains HSBC and First direct statements.

- HSBC Bank statements for Sept 2011 to May 2012
- first Direct Statements for June 2012 to Aug 2012

I opened my first Direct in May, and started maintaining the funds from 21st may which will complete the 90 day period on 21st Aug.

As per the guidelines "there are enough funds present
in the account (the balance must always be
at least £800 or £900 where appropriate)
covering the 90 day period before the date of
application"

Fortunately or Unfortunately I got my appointment on my second attempt to book, and got the appointment date as 28th August.

layman

Post by layman » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:59 pm

Do you have sufficient funds(to show for maintenance) in your HSBC account from 16th May(or earlier). If yes, then you can show a combination of statements covering the 90-day period from 16th May to 16th August.

If not, then you will have to comply with the following mentioned on UKB A site

If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, you will need to send a supporting letter from your bank, on headed paper, confirming that the statements are genuine. Alternatively, electronic bank statements with the official stamp of the bank that issued the statements will be accepted. The stamp must appear on every page of the statement.

Presumably the statements sent by post would be on official stationery and would be different than print-outs of the internet statements.

darkhorse10

Post by darkhorse10 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:02 pm

First Direct are sending me statements for the 90-day period starting from 21st May to 21st August by speed post, which should be delivered in time. Should that suffice?

darkhorse10

Post by darkhorse10 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:47 am

Anything else I am missing?

darkhorse10

Post by darkhorse10 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:25 am

layman wrote:Do you have sufficient funds(to show for maintenance) in your HSBC account from 16th May(or earlier). If yes, then you can show a combination of statements covering the 90-day period from 16th May to 16th August.
Hello, I haven't received the statements, I think its a delay in post. As per layman, I have checked my HSBC bank statements. It is this way...

I had a HSBC savings account which had enough funds in it, which were transferred into HSBC Current account, and then to my First Direct account. This all transfers were done on 21st May, which means I had funds in my HSBC savings account until 21st may. Only concern was the funds didn't move straight into FD, but went via current account.

Should this help in providing as proof of maintenance of funds??? Or Is it better to postpone the appointment?

Thanks,
Nik