ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One more question: Is a cover letter necessary?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mythbust
BANNED

One more question: Is a cover letter necessary?

Post by mythbust » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:49 am

I've booked my PEO appointment. Is it necessary to prepare a cover letter for apply-in-person as well?

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:24 am

It's not compulsory but i personally recommend it depending on the complexity of the case.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:51 am

Here's my take on cover letters.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=109672

Don't, if you don't need it. If you are not sure, then probably you don't have a very good reason to include a cover letter.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

anithya
Newly Registered

Post by anithya » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:04 am

My CW read the covering letter, in which I included not only about the application and documents, but also a bit about professional /family background,with an additional note on need for futher stay.

black7

Re: One more question: Is a cover letter necessary?

Post by black7 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:52 pm

mythbust wrote:I've booked my PEO appointment. Is it necessary to prepare a cover letter for apply-in-person as well?
It is a personal choice, I did not used any cover letter, but my case was fairly straightforward.
I did not had anything else to say, apart from what I had said on form

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:20 am

anithya wrote:My CW read the covering letter, in which I included not only about the application and documents, but also a bit about professional /family background,with an additional note on need for futher stay.
Application under specific immigration categories can only be decided under the specific immigration rules for that category. Adding unrelated professional or family background or "need" for further stay is pointless.

ILR_211
Newly Registered

Post by ILR_211 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:30 pm

Well I tell you what i done.

on a paper i printed my name, passport number old and new

First HSMP Date and Tier -1 date and home office reference number

How many points I am calming in a table, Immigration History in a table with date in and out of this country and total number of days out of this country in each trip’s ,CW was very happy. Remember she have to interview many people in a day so if we keep thing more easy and understand, that might help them to decide a case fast as well