ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 months into ILR, can I apply for naturalization now?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guy
Newly Registered

3 months into ILR, can I apply for naturalization now?

Post by guy » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:03 pm

Hello

According to HO website, Nationality Instructions, The Residence Requirements chapter 18:

"7.4 Discretion to disregard immigration time restrictions in the final 12 months may normally be exercised if:

g. consideration of an application for indefinite leave to remain, made more than 15 months before the citizenship application, had been protracted through no fault of the applicant, providing ILR was eventually granted"

I have been residing continuously in the uk since Jan 1997.
In May 2002 I applied for ILR under the unmarried partners rule, the application was refused and went on to Appeal. The Appeal was allowed and ILR was eventually granted in April 2004 (2 years after I applied)

How do I know whether I fulfil the criteria for discretion to waive this requirement?

Thanks.

tvt

Post by tvt » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:16 pm

You have nothing to lose but your fee.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>