ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help...royal mail returns package back to home office

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abBY20

Help...royal mail returns package back to home office

Post by abBY20 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:25 pm

Helloooo forum,
I called the home office last week to find out about my eea4 application and I was told something was has being sent on the 20th of July to my solicitor and I called my solicitor and nothing was being sent and he advised me to call home office back for tracking num. which I did this morning and I was given a tracking number which says the item has being returned back to sender because it's being attempted for delivery twice...I called my lawyer and he still saying he didn't see any card from royal mail...
Pls what should I do in this case..
Could it be my PR or COA,?
Does HO sends COA with special delivery?
Eagerly awaiting your advice here ....

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:48 pm

When did you send your application? Did you include a tracked postage with it? Normally, it can be either a parcel or an envelope. There is no way of telling.
Be good.

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:26 pm

Thank you for your reply..I applied for eea4 in April 2012 and i didn't include any prepaid envelop with the application
Does any one think HO will send coa with recorded delivery or could it be my PR ?

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:38 pm

There is no way to tell, but hopefully it's your PR. Let's hope there is no refusal or return of application. They did return our applications, but aftet 3 weeks. Other correspondence like COA are usually sent by 2nd class mail. Stay positive!!
Be good.

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:20 pm

Thanks I appreciate yor feedback
My lawyer said its likely to be my PR,that coa don't come with special/ recorded delivery..my application is very straightforward and I have all the required evidence..so hopefully it should be my PR..
Will update you as soon as I get the package

cheers
:D

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:41 pm

anp wrote:There is no way to tell, but hopefully it's your PR. Let's hope there is no refusal or return of application. They did return our applications, but aftet 3 weeks. Other correspondence like COA are usually sent by 2nd class mail. Stay positive!!
Would an application for PR last over 5 months with HO then send it back with refusal letter or they send it after few weeks or couple of months? :?
Thanks.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:57 pm

spike_UK wrote:Would an application for PR last over 5 months with HO then send it back with refusal letter or they send it after few weeks or couple of months? :?
Thanks.
The decision is made when a caseworker reviews the application. Nowadays it can take several months. Having an application with the HO for several months is no indication on the outcome of the application. It just means no one actually examined it during that time.

An application can also be returned after a few weeks when the application is verified and a CoA is issued. This is normally an administrative check in which the HO checks to see the required documents have been submitted but the application is not examined by a caseworker.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:06 pm

Jambo wrote:
spike_UK wrote:Would an application for PR last over 5 months with HO then send it back with refusal letter or they send it after few weeks or couple of months? :?
Thanks.
The decision is made when a caseworker reviews the application. Nowadays it can take several months. Having an application with the HO for several months is no indication on the outcome of the application. It just means no one actually examined it during that time.

An application can also be returned after a few weeks when the application is verified and a CoA is issued. This is normally an administrative check in which the HO checks to see the required documents have been submitted but the application is not examined by a caseworker.
I'm just concious, if u haven't already seen my other posts, my application is back to solicitor but she is back on Wednesday, I been waiting 5 months and 3 weeks so I don't know if its PR or Refusal :( as I have applied based on 5 year relation not 5 years marriage! which every1's opinion is different here, and same with HO staff!!!
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:51 pm

Thanks guys,!
Will surely update you all..hopefully will track the package tomorrow and see if HO had receive ,then I will call them to re send it...
Will stay positive for the rest of the week
Really hope it's what have being waiting for
:D PR

abBY20

It's my PR

Post by abBY20 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:34 pm

Hello peeps,I got a letter from the office this morning apologising for the delay in my application and confirming an endorsement in my passport ...and urging me seek legal advice from my solicitor because royal mail made an attempt twice to deliver my document to my lawyer which has being returned back to the home office...
Time scale
Eea4 applied on 26..April 2012
Home confirmed passport was endorsed on 25.june..2012
Passport attempted to deliver 24th July and 17august
Still expecting my passport but it's being approved....
Am so happy
Good luck every one....l

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:56 pm

Glad it is almost over for you, mate. Congratulations!
Be good.

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:21 pm

Thanks!
Good luck with your application!