ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tehranlondon
Newly Registered

passport

Post by tehranlondon » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi

I have just looked through application form and booklet and noticed 2 mistakes I've made. My name is Abdul Khan Shah, (double Barreled Surname) which I was born with and used up until I came to the UK in 2000 to claim asylum. My name was wrongly recorded as Abdul Khan (they left of the second part of my surname) and because I had no Identity documents this couldnt be changed. I returned to my country in 2006 and lived there until returning to the UK on a spouse visa in 2006, with my correct name. When I filled in the passport form I didnt think to put my previous name of Abdul Khan on the form, is this going to pose problems at the Identity interview? Also I have lived at my current address since March 2009, and briefly moved out for 3 months while rennovations were taking place, I havent mentioned this on the form, I didn't see a place to mention this but after reading the booklet back I see it should have been written in section 8. If asked for previous name and address at interview what should I say, because I don't want them to think I am lying if they have it in their system from the citizenship application because I mentioned both of these details on British Citizenship application form.

Many thanks

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:02 am

If the house is being renovated, and you move out temporarily, then for all legal purposes it is still your address.

What interview are you on about? There is no interview for naturalisation applications.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:20 am

asim72 wrote: What interview are you on about? There is no interview for naturalisation applications.
He is talking about passport interview - and worries that they'll have access to his information submitted for naturalisation, which differs from information he submitted for the passport.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:45 am

Now this bring another question before the passport matter.

When you came back to UK with spouse visa, did you mention clearly your previous name while applying for visa, subsequent ILR and naturalisation applications?

Is it the name that is the only issue? Does date of birth, place of birth etc are all correct and matching in your asylum application and spouse visa applications?

tehranlondon
Newly Registered

Post by tehranlondon » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Hi Asim

When I came back the UK I put all my correct details on the spouse application form and also explained that the name and date of birth was different in my Asylum application. Again this was written on the application form when I applied for ILR and again when I applied for citizenship. There was no problems.

However I didn't put this other name that I was known by on the passport form and am worried they may refuse me because of this.

Many thanks