ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Speeding "fine" - ILR issues- please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sunilrana80

Speeding "fine" - ILR issues- please help

Post by Sunilrana80 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:08 pm

Hi,

My ILR is due shortly and came to know that it would be risky if one has unspent speeding fine by court. My speeding offence (SP30) happened back in 2008 when i had Indian passport and there was no other way but to go to court and pay the fine (60pounds) and 3 points as constabulory didn't accept my payment on my indian license.

This sounds absurd and unfair. Is anyone out there who has similar issue??

Any help in this matter would be much appreciated.
Thanks

leo_sangha

Re: Speeding "fine" - ILR issues- please help

Post by leo_sangha » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:38 pm

Sunilrana80 wrote:Hi,

My ILR is due shortly and came to know that it would be risky if one has unspent speeding fine by court. My speeding offence (SP30) happened back in 2008 when i had Indian passport and there was no other way but to go to court and pay the fine (60pounds) and 3 points as constabulory didn't accept my payment on my indian license.

Thanks
It is absurd. I've paid fine for 2 speeding offences totalling 60 pounds. The letter you received definitely has details of how to make payment via cheque or phone.
You don't need to goto court unless you thought you'll get away with by not paying the fine and by then payment deadline had passed then you're left with no choice but to appear in court for the same.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:37 am

leo_sangha wrote:

Thanks
It is absurd. I've paid fine for 2 speeding offences totalling 60 pounds. The letter you received definitely has details of how to make payment via cheque or phone.
You don't need to goto court unless you thought you'll get away with by not paying the fine and by then payment deadline had passed then you're left with no choice but to appear in court for the same.
What you are saying is utterly absurd. You did not read the query properly. He had Indian license. You cannot avail of fixed penalty if you have a foreign license. Foreign license holders can only be dealt with in court.

leo_sangha

Post by leo_sangha » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:29 pm

asim72 wrote:
leo_sangha wrote:

Thanks
What you are saying is utterly absurd. You did not read the query properly. He had Indian license. You cannot avail of fixed penalty if you have a foreign license. Foreign license holders can only be dealt with in court.
my apologies i didn't read properly. So since then have you got a UK license ?

Sunilrana80

Post by Sunilrana80 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Yeah i got uk full license that very year.... Anyways, after my research on this forum It seems like ilr is still achievable...