ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have enrolled biometrics, does this mean its approved?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elvampiro

Have enrolled biometrics, does this mean its approved?

Post by elvampiro » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:26 am

For a Tier 1 (G) in country extension, I got the letter for biometrics registration, which I completed and now waiting for approval letter.

Does this mean the application is already approved? Is it just a matter of waiting for the official communication now? Or are they still working on the application?

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:07 am

they start processing the application only after they have received biometrics....

gazgaz
Newly Registered

Post by gazgaz » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Really?

I was under the impression that if they asked for biometrics that they have approved the application. Why would they request biometrics for applications that they may potentially still reject?

That seems more logical to me, but then again this is the Home Office.

Thanks

Pending2012
Newly Registered

Post by Pending2012 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:24 pm

gaurave76.5 is correct.

The application only joins to the queue to be looked at once they have received biometrics. It is only after this that UKBA consider it to be "complete". Unfortunately, you will now have the waiting process which everyone else seems to be stuck in...

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:32 pm

its beauces they want to suck each penny from you..they want to make vis process costlier so that immigrants can stop coming/staying in this country...

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:10 pm

gazgaz wrote:Really?

I was under the impression that if they asked for biometrics that they have approved the application. Why would they request biometrics for applications that they may potentially still reject?

That seems more logical to me, but then again this is the Home Office.

Thanks
because they want to make sure you are who you say you are.