ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applications received after the visa expiry date - Rules?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gazgaz
Newly Registered

Applications received after the visa expiry date - Rules?

Post by gazgaz » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi,

What are the rules relating to applications that are received after the visa expiry date?

For instance, in my case.

Application sent: April 11th 2012
Visa Expires: May 13th 2012
Application returned due to incorrect form: May 18th 2012
Application reposted: May 19th 2012 (one week after expiry)

------------------
Bio metrics Letter: June 18th 2012
Bio Metrics Enrolment: June19th 2012

I was caught out by the new form coming into play in early April. They returned my application and documents stating that because I had ticked the incorrect payment box (which is the only difference between the old and new form I believe) they could not accept this as a valid application and that I must re-submit with the new correct form and payment boxes checked. The letter also stated that this would act as a new application and the first one I sent would not be recognised or logged.

This is quite frustrating as I posted my application in just over a month prior to my expiry date, but the Home Office took 5 weeks to post it back and only once my visa had expired. I was then forced to post it back in AFTER my visa had expired.

To explain the oversight - My employer was going to lodge the application on my behalf and had started the whole process for me (with the old form). I then moved on from that job so they gave me the form they had prepared (me not realising they had used an old one), so that is the one I posted. It is obviously my mistake but I did not know about the new form so it was an easy mistake to make. I wrote a cover letter explaining all this so hopefully that helps?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Am I in danger of having my application rejected purely based on the post expiry application date?

Thanks

g_sharma
Newly Registered

Post by g_sharma » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:27 am

Don't worry about your over stay.... you will give your Visa soon. It happened to my friend as well

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:38 am

Yes, you will get visa without any problem hopefully..

But how about at the time of applying of ILR? Others plz comment...

gazgaz
Newly Registered

Post by gazgaz » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:38 am

Hi G_Sharma,

You were right. It arrived this morning! 4.5 months later.
I was starting to worry. It appears that they will accept applications submitted after the expiry, or at the very least read your cover letter and understand why it may have been late.

Good luck all,