ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Point Based System and Settlement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mmkaleem
Newly Registered

Point Based System and Settlement

Post by mmkaleem » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi
I am on Tier1 and will be eligble for settlement(ILR) in November 2012, till now I had worked as contractor and have earned sufficient income to meet Points to qualify for settlement for last 12 months, my contract is going to over this month and have got a job offer which is permenant but they are paying less salary per annum (less by £11000), do my future earning if its less than qualify points had any impact after settlement or accpeting this job applying settlement with new income which less had any effects or consideration in my ILR application

Please advice
Thanks
Kaleem

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:22 pm

All that matters is that you have made sufficient income during a continuous 12 month period during the previous 15 months. You can be unemployed when you apply for that matter.

mmkaleem
Newly Registered

Post by mmkaleem » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:09 pm

thanks for your advice.

Tire1Questions

Post by Tire1Questions » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:22 pm

If you are on Tire 1 visa for last 5 years and going to apply for ILR, I do not think you need to prove your income again! I have read on this forum at many places. Can someone please comment..!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:38 pm

You do, indeed, need to score points for your income in the final year to qualify for ILR. Please refer to table 2 and 3 of the attributes appendix A of the immigration rules.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixa/

Tire1Questions

Post by Tire1Questions » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:06 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You do, indeed, need to score points for your income in the final year to qualify for ILR. Please refer to table 2 and 3 of the attributes appendix A of the immigration rules.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixa/
Thanks. That is really enlighting to me and bothering me at the same time!. I came on Tire 1 (G) in September 2009 in UK. I could not do anytihng in the first one and half year Thus, did not pay any tax as there was no income, though I paid National insurance as Self Employment.
In April 2011, I setup a company and started doing business and achieved the income required to prove points though withdrawing salary from my Ltd company and paid PAYEE on time.
Does the case worker look for the same income level for all 5 years at the time of ILR? If so, do you think, I may have problem at my ILR as I hardly had any economic activity?
I am really worried..! Someone please reply. I am sure there may be many people like me around here.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:12 pm

On the day you apply for ILR, you can choose a continuous 12 month period period from the previous 15 months. Your income from your chosen period needs to score the necessary points. Good luck!