ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ancestry questions - working & birth certificate

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

red_door
Newly Registered

Ancestry questions - working & birth certificate

Post by red_door » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:55 am

Hi, sorry for the questions, I hope someone can answer a couple things that I am unclear on about applying through ancestry as a commenwealth national.

First of all, do I need to have a job lined up before I get to the UK or can I search after I'm there? I am not a skilled worker unfortunately, it would just be whatever job I could get.

My Grandmother was born in Scotland, she currently lives in Canada where I live. Now I'm concerned that she may not have her birth certificate any longer; if that is the case, is there any possible way of getting one re-issued?? Like if I went to her the town in Scotland she was born & to the records office, or does it have to be done by the person whose certificate it is. My Grandmother is in no shape to travel all the way to the UK, she's in her 80s and didn't enjoy travelling in her 60s even. Or could this be something a letter could be written & sent away for?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help :)

montgomery
Newly Registered

Post by montgomery » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:41 pm

Hi red_door,

in answer to your questions, you can get the certificates from the central reg. for scotland http://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk

the law required that you either have a job or are actively seeking work, so in your case as long as you have enough money to support yourself when you get here, you dont need a job

Good luck!

Monty