ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

schengen visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nicknack
Newly Registered

schengen visa

Post by nicknack » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:41 pm

Hello

My husband is a British National and I am South African. I currently hold a residence permit as a result of our marriage.

My husband and I have booked a holiday to Spain for 7 nights. I want to know if I need a visa to travel to Spain or can I produce my marriage certificate when I am travelling. I have been to Spain before but in a different capacity.

I am concern about this having read some of the comments of others in a similar situation.

Thanks.

mark_b

Post by mark_b » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:26 pm

If you hold a South African passport (like myself) who will need to apply for a schengen visa at the Spanish embassy. To my knowledge having a residence permit or tier 1 visa means nothing in Europe and the usual visa requirements still apply.

Hope that helps!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:29 pm

You should move this post to the Europe Immigration forumn as that would be the more appropriate home for it.

The following sticky should explain what you require. I.e. that you can enter without a schengen visa, but that you may face difficulties when boarding certain airlines and entering certain schengen states.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95372

You may find it less of a hassle if you obtain a schegen visa (issued free to those who are married to BC's) before travel. But you do have a choice.

nicknack
Newly Registered

Post by nicknack » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:37 pm

Thank you for the quick responses and the attachment.

I agree, the best thing to do is to obtain a Visa just to be on the safe side. I would not want to start my holiday being questioned about my rights..(:-)

Thank You.