ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General CoS help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vijay87
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General CoS help

Post by vijay87 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi,

In the application form for issuing an unrestricted CoS for Tier 2 General, there is an option which states

"Does the migrant need to leave and re-enter UK during the period of approval?" (Description: This includes business travel)

I am currently on Tier 1 PSW and my employer assigned me an unrestricted CoS with the above option ticked. My employer ticked the above option with an idea that I will be travelling to my home country for holiday. Is this correct? Or should this be left unticked?

Please share your ideas.

Thanks.

sha23

Re: Tier 2 General CoS help

Post by sha23 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:14 am

vijay87 wrote:Hi,

In the application form for issuing an unrestricted CoS for Tier 2 General, there is an option which states

"Does the migrant need to leave and re-enter UK during the period of approval?" (Description: This includes business travel)

I am currently on Tier 1 PSW and my employer assigned me an unrestricted CoS with the above option ticked. My employer ticked the above option with an idea that I will be travelling to my home country for holiday. Is this correct? Or should this be left unticked?

Please share your ideas.

Thanks.
even i need help on this. My employer has put a N in this area. He has cancelled the cos for some other error though and we have applied for a fresh allocation. could any member of standing confirm the same place. even i would need to travel for business purposes to other european countries and would need to make home trips too. please explain this.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:28 am

It means leave the country for any purpose.

kumar125

Post by kumar125 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:45 am

If you are applying from outside of UK then your sponsor will put "No" to the question.

But if it is a in-country application, then sponsor will but "Yes" to the question.

vijay87
Newly Registered

Post by vijay87 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:13 am

Lucapooka wrote:It means leave the country for any purpose.
Thanks very much.

woodenarmadillo
Newly Registered

Post by woodenarmadillo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:32 am

I went through this same thing however after contacting ukba I was told that this field is for work reasons. If part of his work is in some other country etc. It does not constitute travel for holidays etc. I realise this is an old post but just thought I would share this on here if anyone else does the same search one day :)