ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Read, would appreciate any help.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

777isanumber
Newly Registered

Please Read, would appreciate any help.

Post by 777isanumber » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:25 am

Straight to the point, I have a DLR for 3 years granted august 2011 and married for almost 2 years with a son who is 15 months old. At the moment i am currently employed with annual income of around £30,000 - £34,000.

My marriage has broken down and although we are still living together, but its just a matter of time. I have an apprenticeship certificate from a leading UK manufacturer and also English and Maths Level B1. My wife has treathened to make sure I get sent back to my non-EEA country.

My DLR was granted on family life as I applied after my son was born. Will I have any problem renewing the DLR after this first 3 years run out, if i am divorced by then, what should i make of the new rules please? Would appreciate any help.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:23 am

As long as you still have contact with your child you should have no problems renewing your DLR. Your wife can't have you sent back to your country. The new rules won't apply to you.

777isanumber
Newly Registered

Post by 777isanumber » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:12 am

Thank you so much Greenie, but believe it or not she has promised to use the kid as a weapon, saying she will make sure I don't see him, and swore on her life on that. do I have as much right as she does when it comes to my son? And will the court grant me contact if it goes down the ugly route? Because she threatens because I am not British and all, I won't get it.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:38 am

If you are married then you have equal parental responsibility (this doesn't change if you divorce) your nationality would have no bearing in the family courts-they wouldn't refuse you contact because you are British. I suggest you consult a family lawyer.

777isanumber
Newly Registered

Post by 777isanumber » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:34 am

Thanks Greenie, will definitely see a lawyer when it comes down to down but hopefully it wont as she is a good person and praying we still hold on to what we have got. Once again thank you