ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting ILR 10 year Student Route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gary Berezin
Newly Registered

Getting ILR 10 year Student Route

Post by Gary Berezin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi

My issue is that I have been a student since 2001 and have a total absence period of about 30 months. What are my options when it comes to applying for ILR on the 10 year route basis. My nationality is Russian if that is important. One issue that I have is that if I go on to Uni to study anthropology I will find it much harder to get a job without the ILR. What are my options guys?

Thanks in advance for all the answers.

RB2012
Newly Registered

Post by RB2012 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi ,
10 years ILR route rule allows not more than 18 months total absence ( 540 days) thorughout the qualifiying period.
I think either you extend your stay nd reduce your absence gap or you need to contact a good solicitor to study and prepare your case.
Good luck

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:18 pm

If you are under 25 you could qualify for leave under the private life route if you have spent more than half your life here. If you are below 18 then the requirement is 7 years.

Gary Berezin
Newly Registered

Post by Gary Berezin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:57 pm

Quantum1 Where is the information about the half life under 25 route, I was unde the impression that it's for illegal people that had no leave to remain.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:01 pm

Gary Berezin wrote:Quantum1 Where is the information about the half life under 25 route, I was unde the impression that it's for illegal people that had no leave to remain.
Have a look at this guidance.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

I have quoted the relevant section below
This page tells you about the requirements which an applicant must meet in order to qualify
for a grant of leave in the private life route.
Requirements for a grant of leave on the basis of private life
If the applicant does not fall for refusal on the grounds of suitability (see related link:
Suitability requirements), you must consider whether they meet one of the requirements of
paragraph 276ADE(iii) to (vi) (the private life route), namely that the applicant:
 Has lived continuously in the UK for at least 20 years (discounting any period of
imprisonment).
 Is under the age of 18 years and has lived continuously in the UK for at least seven
years (discounting any period of imprisonment).
 Is aged 18 years or above and under 25 years and has spent at least half of their life
residing continuously in the UK (discounting any period of imprisonment).
 Is aged 18 years or above, has lived continuously in the UK for less than 20 years
(discounting any period of imprisonment) but has no ties (including social, cultural or
family) with the country to which they would have to go if required to leave the UK.
It will grant you leave not ilr, but the leave will allow you to work. You will note that there is no requirement for the person applying to be an illegal immigrant, just that they meet the residency and age requirements. I don't know if you would qualify, but it is an option you could consider.