ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 extension eBay & Paypal Invoices Query.Very Urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sajjoo bhai
Newly Registered

Tier1 extension eBay & Paypal Invoices Query.Very Urgent

Post by sajjoo bhai » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi all,
My Tier 1 Extension is due next month (September) and i am in big dilemma!
I need to show £12000 from self employment. I have no problem with this income as I am doing eBay business and all of this income is genuinely earned from my eBay business.
But the problem is that I have over £30,000 turnover and thre are over 3000 transaction occured.
Now to show this i need your help;

What documents will require to show this income?
Is it ok to send 3000 transactions with your application?
Is there any other proper or professional way to represent this income instead of sending all these invoices?
Even i don't have these transactions (invoices) in proper format, i just downloaded from paypal and they are not in professional looking format?

Any comments from someone with same scenerio / past experience or knowledge will be much apprecieted!!!
Please response as i need to prepare my documentation asap!!
Thanks in advance.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:04 pm

Are you registered with HMRC as self-employed and paying Class 2 NIC? The guidance is pretty clear on what documents are necessary for SE earnings.

sajjoo bhai
Newly Registered

Post by sajjoo bhai » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:21 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Are you registered with HMRC as self-employed and paying Class 2 NIC? The guidance is pretty clear on what documents are necessary for SE earnings.
Yes I am covered on that side; registered with HMRC and paying class 2 NI, also know about accountant documentation, but unsure about what needs to support accountant's documentation like what proof i can get from ebay or paypal in more professional format to support my application!
Thanks for the reply!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:50 pm

You don't need anything from eBay and nor would anything from eBay be acceptable to the UKBA. This is a matter for you, your accountant, your bank, and the HMRC. You are trading goods and eBay is merely an intermediary, sort of like a newspaper advertisement indicating who you are and that your products are available for consumption. Go back and read the policy guidance for information on the necessary paperwork for SE income.

legalhelp
Newly Registered

Post by legalhelp » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:40 pm

sajjoo bhai wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:Are you registered with HMRC as self-employed and paying Class 2 NIC? The guidance is pretty clear on what documents are necessary for SE earnings.
Yes I am covered on that side; registered with HMRC and paying class 2 NI, also know about accountant documentation, but unsure about what needs to support accountant's documentation like what proof i can get from ebay or paypal in more professional format to support my application!
Thanks for the reply!
Your account (CA preferred) would prepare a set of accounts showing your sale/purchase ledger, besides the set of account & the statement also be prepared, that is more than enough.

UKBA is not auditors of accounts, that they would match each transaction paper work, neither do they have so much time. Mine is due is next week and that what I have got done from my CA. Imagine a shopkeeper sending each transaction detail ;D

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:01 pm

Search for my posts in regards to ebay and paypal I had applied previously using pp and ebay and my application was successful.

Apart from your P&L / Bank Statement a letter from accountant representing you.

Your monthly Sales summary from Paypal

Your invoices which can be downloaded from paypal as well which will include all the details including contact number ebay ID item ID etc.

You can print it on an A5 althought not necessary

And compare your paypal withdrawals with your bank statement by pointing them in your bank statement.

All the Best