ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set O section 5 (home and finance)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Set O section 5 (home and finance)

Post by arifahmmed » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:25 am

Hi,
My status HSMP 2yr+ TIER1 3yr). I am goint to apply some time after 15th NOV.
I am confused about form Set O section 5 (home and finance) where at 5.3 it said "Are you working in the UK?" then
"If so, what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions?"
Could any member please explain and give decision on following two points.

1. I am on two jobs. One is my main job (Previously I claimed points on this job when extending hsmp to tier 1) and another is part time. Do I need to show both job where my main job is ok for claiming required points with out part time job. and

2. On my main job I am doing overtime which are not fixed so monthly earning figures also not same every month. In this case what amount I will mention on section 5.3 (SET O form). Is anything I will go for average figure ( Total earnings divided by 12). Will CW confused with that.

Regards
arif

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:50 pm

If you are a permanent employee, You simply need to write here what is your salary after tax.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Set O section 5 (home and finance)

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:35 pm

arifahmmed wrote:1. I am on two jobs. One is my main job (Previously I claimed points on this job when extending hsmp to tier 1) and another is part time. Do I need to show both job where my main job is ok for claiming required points with out part time job. and

2. On my main job I am doing overtime which are not fixed so monthly earning figures also not same every month. In this case what amount I will mention on section 5.3 (SET O form). Is anything I will go for average figure ( Total earnings divided by 12). Will CW confused with that.
If you will only be using your pay from your main job towards your previous earnings points score (i.e. you qualify with the required points using that pay), then you only need to mention the average monthly net pay (after tax) for that job here.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:52 pm

Hi jimmymcad and cs95tdg,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am permanent employee on my main job. This job payment is straight forward by credit transfer every month and earnings from this job is OK for claming my required points. I am going to fill section 5.3 "your pay each month after income tax and other deductions?" by showing average earning from this main job.

However Is there any worries facing CW question about other part time job, like why I am not showing or declare this income or why/ where from this regular monthly amount on statements (Cheque deposite on my account from that part time job on every month . On bank statements it appears as CHEQUE DEPOSIT. Pleade advice.

Regards
Arif

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:16 am

You simply need to do either just write

your monthly salary without overtime + your part-time net earning.

or

your avg monthly salary + your part-time net earning

Why are you not including your part-time salary? Any reason?

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi jimmymcad,
Thanks for reply. I started my part-time job from May 2010. I was worried about any short fall of my permanent job earnings for claiming points so I kept doing this part time job (care assistant). Fixed working hour and small earnings so never checked pay slips and last month I noticed NI number on pay slips is wrong (three digits misplaced). I informed my employer explaining this and three days later he forwarded accountants email that “HM revenue has been informed and corrected NI number will show on new pay slips. This month pay slip NI number is ok. I paid by cheque from this job.

In section 5.3 (SET O form) if I accumulate my monthly earnings from two jobs (average earnings from permanent job+ part time job monthly earnings) then for claiming points do I need to fill Section 9 A4 and A5 (SET O form) by both jobs earning or only complete 9 A4 and A5 by my permanent job earnings.

I am worried if CW wants to verify the part time earnings what he/she will find from HM revenue, job started from last month (because Ni number is corrected from this month) or HM revenue already corrected all past tax to my NI number. What shall I do my last 9 months pay slips that was with wrong NI number.
Please advice.
Regards

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:35 pm

Do not worry about too much mate.

You have a choice here to claim any of the job if you are qualifying and scoring sufficient point using that. if you do not mention your part-time earning, are you scoring enough point? Even, you can ignore 12 month as a whole and can give them 6 months payslip if you qualify using those 6 months.

If yes you are eligible, then do not mention it as earning, and simply mention your full time earning in the box after the tax and also in the earning table without your part-time and without your overtime i will suggest.

As this part-time earning is not been used to claim points, they may only verify if you are paying taxes there in worst case scenario. You can also get a letter from your employer mentioning about the correction they did.

In the last, they will only see if you qualify with the salary you have claimed, HO are only interested here to see if you are qualifying and paying your taxes, and that is it really.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:28 pm

Thanks jimmymcad for your valuable advice. I already explained my situation to my part time job employer and request to check england revenue if in case of any verification from home office.
Yes, my full time job is enough for claming required points. If my understanding is right from your advice then I am going to complete
Form Set O section 5.3 will be my full time job basic monthly earning witout overtime (after tax ).
and
section 9 A4 and A5 I am claming points by my full time job earnings (this will be total earning with over time because tax and NI deducted from gross earning).
Please let me know. Thanks for your time.
Regards

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:20 pm

Yes, if you ponder over this finance section, you will find out HO only wants to see if you are taking any benefits or you have sufficient income to maintain yourself and your dependents.

The total earning section is important where you have to provide evidences such as payslips and bank statements.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:39 pm

Hi jimmymcad,
I extended my stay from HSMP to tier1 claiming from my this full time job. Salary to my bank electronically. Which is enough easy for me to present evidence like bank statements and payslips.

Thank you for assuring me.

I will come back to you after getting reply from my part time job employer.

Regards
Arif

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi jimmymcad,
My part time job employer forwarded his accountant email today and on that email the accountant advice me to ring the Taxes Helpline number 0845 3000 627 and said they will be able to help me with my tax affairs. He also gage me paye number for this job.

Anything can you advice me please what shall I do. Is it somethihing going to mixed up and mess with my permanent job.

Regards

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:30 pm

Are you going to see them personally means PEO?

Do not panic, listen as long as you have paid your taxes correctly, everything should be fine.

If you are qualifying by all means using your full time salary, then use only that to earn the points.

In the box where you have to write you salary after net, you can put your net pay (full time) + netpay (part-time) and thats it. It is a choice of yours if you want to write your overtime here. Honestly, this box is just to verify whether your income is sufficient to maintain yourself and your dependent(s) and that's it.

Now coming to your actual previous earning section where you need to claim points using your full time employement

Write down only your full time salary if you have ambiguity with your part-time salary. Take your payslips and bank statement, and it should be all fine.

Do not worry about your part-time job if they have corrected your tax history there. Hope it clarifies your doubt.