ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

indefinite leave to remain

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sarah a
Newly Registered

indefinite leave to remain

Post by sarah a » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:44 pm

Pls i need an advise as to what to do.
I came in with spouse visa for 2yrs as wife of a soilder, it was extended for 4 yrs in 2006 and applied for indefinite but was refused as husband has naturalized and was told to get a 2yrs leave to remain spouse visa. Spouse visa was refused cos they said visa expired but it expired while with them when i first applied for the ILR . I asked for a review in April 2012, it was reviewed and i just got a 30mths limited leave to remain but under the new rule meaning i have to wait 10yrs to collect indefinite. I was of the impression that any application submitted before the new rule came into place should be granted under the old rules so am just confused now . What do you people think ismy best option now, please advice.
Entered uk 2004 with 2yrs spouse visa
visa extended to sep 2010
applied for indefinte in july 2010
refused in mar 2011 and asked to apply for leave to remain
applied April 2011 and refused in April 2012 after writing a complain letter
Asked for review in a April 2012
Got 30mths in Aug.2012.
What more do i do , help pls