ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 PEO appointments - advice needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rob7479
Newly Registered

2 PEO appointments - advice needed

Post by rob7479 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Hello,

Background - HSMP (granted 7th Sep 2007) + T1 expires on 14 Sep 2012
Initial entry on 5 Oct 2007

I tried booking a PEO appointment at Croydon for the 4th September. The browser timed out and it never responded. It does not show in my online login on UKBA.
However I did get an email and reference number confirming the appointment

To be sure I booked again for the 6th Sep and then moved it to the 7th as this is 28 days before 5 Oct. This one worked as I expected and is showing under UKBA website for me.

I also recently got emails again from UKBA with two appointments for 4th and 7th and unique references for both.

My question - Should I go on the 4th? This is technically 3 days too early if I work from date of entry but some people have had success working from date of intial visa even when they still did have valid leave on the later date.
This would also give me a backup if anything were to go wrong on the 4th.
What would be any potential problems. If they did have a problem with it being 3 days too early, it would be during the interview and after I had already paid. Would they then insist I turned it into a postal application?

Any advice please.

Thanks

Rob

coolbuddy

Post by coolbuddy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:36 pm

Senior members will give you the best advice but to my knowledge, you first granted visa on 7th Sept 2007 and entered in UK on 5th Oct 2007 which is exactly 28th day. I think your both appointments are valid as you can apply 28 days before expiry of your visa, which in this case is 14th Sept 2012 (i don't understand why it is 14th, technically it should be 7th Sept 2012).

I know some people are of the view to apply 28 days before the actual entry to UK but case workers know the fact that they can work out the cases who entered in the UK upto three months after getting their Entry Clearance (EC). I also entered UK approx 40 days after getting EC but still applying for PEO appointment keeping in mind 28 days before expiry of my current visa otherwise I won't be able to apply and will be overstayed here or have to send documents by post.

rob7479
Newly Registered

Post by rob7479 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:19 am

Thanks for the reply,

They stamped the 14th on the Tier 1 visa when they renewed it. Don't know why they gave me a few extra days, but so little. Would have prefered them to stamp 5th Oct as that would give me a full 28 days.

I still have seven days between when I can apply under 5 years (less 28 days) from date of entry and when my visa expires so techncially I don't know if I am covered by the "date of stamp" rule?

Any other opinions?