ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse - 6 months outside in 2 years...eligible for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pavanne
Newly Registered

Spouse - 6 months outside in 2 years...eligible for ILR?

Post by pavanne » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:40 pm

Hi,
I want to get clarifications in 2 points in SET (M) form, and so giving all my details to get any help from the forum.

I was in Tier 1 when I got married, and my wife came to UK as Tier 1 dependant on Sept 2010. I applied for my ILR in Nov 2011, and then my wife's status also changed to ILR dependant (applied seperately using FLR-M).
On Dec 2011 my wife went to India as her parent's requested and stayed there for 6 months and returned back on June 2012.
Now we are planning to go for ILR for her using SET (M) form as its 2 years since she first came to UK as my dependant (spouse).

We have enough documents for showing cohabitation proof in the last 2 years.

I have 2 doubts in the SET(M) form.

Section 2, page 7
2.6 When did you begin living together?
Please provide all addresses you have lived at with your partner in the last 2 years.

Pls suggest what entries I need to mention here?
-> She is out of UK for 7 months and lived in India. I went to India for 1 month to visit her while she is in India
Do I need to mention only the addresses we live together(2(where we lived both) out of 3 of my addresses in the UK in last 2 years and 1 India address when I visited her in India).
Note: Her UK bank statements still came to 3rd UK address while she was in India.

Section 11, page 24:
If you did not live together for any part of the 2-year period, tell us the reasons for this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting evidence.

While she was in India, her UK bank statements still came to my address in the UK, and also I sent some money to her 4 times and I have remitance related e-mails from corresponding bank in those 6 months. We also have her India account statements with CRs of my remittance amount. Are these enough as supporting documents for this?

- Thanks in advance for any help. I have PEO appointment in 2 weeks I want make sure that we are fine to go the visa.

Regards
Pavan

pavanne
Newly Registered

Post by pavanne » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi,
Any thoughts from anyone on my queries..?

Thanks in advance
Pavan

pavanne
Newly Registered

Post by pavanne » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi,
Just want to let you know, this wont be an issue. I went to Solihull PEO and it went well.

Regards
Pavan

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:41 pm

Congratulations!

So can you please tell us what did you mention in the application? Did you mention whether your wife was outside UK for 6 months? Or you just used UK documents only?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:41 pm

thats a relief as my wife has been out of country for over 3 months so this means there isn't a continuous residence req. for a dependent

pavanne
Newly Registered

Post by pavanne » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:51 pm

There is nothing in the form to mention regarding the absentees in the form. I went with a letter explaining the reason and some of her UK bank statements in that absent period.
But when we went to the case worker, she just took only 6 documents randomly. I tried to explain her regarding the outside UK dates, but she told " Thats fine, we don't consider them as you both are here and also you have a kid, and also she has dependant visas (latest is FLR(M) )".

I would suggest if this is the case, better to go both partners for the visa so that it wont make any further doubts on the relation.

Regards
Pavan