ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ARRIVAL AT UK AIRPORT AND IMMIGRATION QUERIES

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TKMDN
Newly Registered

ARRIVAL AT UK AIRPORT AND IMMIGRATION QUERIES

Post by TKMDN » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:34 am

I was searching for similar topics but failed to find it in th forum.sorry if its already there and if its is can anyone give me the link.

I got my ilr recently and i am concerened about travelling outside uk and on the arrival, will there be any strict immigration rules or will we be questioned in detail as before.
Last edited by TKMDN on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

peppekalle

Re: ARRIVAL AT UK AIRPORT AND IMMIGRATION QUERIES

Post by peppekalle » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:14 am

TKMDN wrote:i WAS SEARCHING FOR SIMILAR TOPICS BUT FAILED TO FIND IT IN TH FORUM.SORRY IF ITS ALREADY THERE AND IF ITS IS CAN ANYONE GIVE ME THE LINK.

I GOT MY ILR RECENTLY AND I AM CONCERENED ABOUT TRAVELLING OUTSIDE UK AND ON THE ARRIVAL, WILL THERE BE ANY STRICT IMMIGRATION RULES OR WILL WE BE QUESTIONED IN DETAIL AS BEFORE.
I was in a similar situation earlier this year.Don't worry about the questions they might ask; you are no longer under" immigration control"I was asked one question how long i was away for and i told them 1 month and they just stamped my passport and let me in.I was prepared for lots of questions considering how i got my ILR.

You might find some nosy immigration officer but keep your answers short and to the point.

It doesn't matter how your got your ILR just walk in to the immigration desk like a king and hand them your passport and wait for them to put a date stamp on it.

Try and remember not to write in block letters next time as it is considered rude.

TKMDN
Newly Registered

Re: ARRIVAL AT UK AIRPORT AND IMMIGRATION QUERIES

Post by TKMDN » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:50 am

I was in a similar situation earlier this year.Don't worry about the questions they might ask; you are no longer under" immigration control"I was asked one question how long i was away for and i told them 1 month and they just stamped my passport and let me in.I was prepared for lots of questions considering how i got my ILR.

You might find some nosy immigration officer but keep your answers short and to the point.

It doesn't matter how your got your ILR just walk in to the immigration desk like a king and hand them your passport and wait for them to put a date stamp on it.

Try and remember not to write in block letters next time as it is considered rude.
Thank you very much, Exactly the same question i was thinking....Its not a problem to give the description but, yet again still when you are being questioned, at some points defenitely we will be nervous.

And then i'm sorry i was not rude at all, any ways i've changed it to the normal sentence case.

Thanks a lot[/quote]

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:07 pm

nothing to be nervous about. even if don't have ILR but normal visa, just walk in as you would and be confident. you have nothing to be afraid of