ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

benefit stopped while awaiting ILR decision (refugee)

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nimo
Newly Registered

benefit stopped while awaiting ILR decision (refugee)

Post by nimo » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:30 am

I got LLR as refugee in Aug. 2007, applied for ILR (SET Protection route) at correct time, July 2012. Have proof of delivery (Royal Mail tracked). My Income Support was stopped 4 weeks ago - no letter received. I phoned - the DWP said "because your LLR has expired". I explained that the rules say my status remains the same until a decision is made. I have faxed and telephoned Home Office for confirmation of my status and received no reply.

My other income is carer's allowance, HB/CTC/CB/CTB. I fear these also will stop -what can I do more to prove my eligibility?

mshasan24

Post by mshasan24 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:16 am

Good Morning Nimo

before I answer your question when you were applying the SET protection Did any legal body helped you about it?

If you did not get any help from recognized solicitor then it will be bit difficult for you to convince the benefit people who are illiterate about all this process, if you get a hand from a solicitor I will advise you to back to them and ask them to draft for you an official letter which has their heading paper stating that you are eligible to work, claim benefits and able to access the NHS services until the UKBA are making a decision.

that is the only thing you can do