ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is New Family migration rules applicable for PSW dependent??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ssaleekin
Newly Registered

Is New Family migration rules applicable for PSW dependent??

Post by ssaleekin » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:01 pm

I am going to apply for ILR under long residence Category. I have been in the PBS (PSW) for the last two years. My wife and child are living with me as PSW dependent in the UK. I have to sponsor my wife and child at the same time of my application. Do I need to fulfill the new Family Migration Rules which has been enforced form 9th July or i have to apply in the previous maintenance Rule.

Can any one please answer my query ASAP.

z18runway

Re: Is New Family migration rules applicable for PSW depende

Post by z18runway » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:42 pm

ssaleekin wrote:I am going to apply for ILR under long residence Category. I have been in the PBS (PSW) for the last two years. My wife and child are living with me as PSW dependent in the UK. I have to sponsor my wife and child at the same time of my application. Do I need to fulfill the new Family Migration Rules which has been enforced form 9th July or i have to apply in the previous maintenance Rule.

old rules will apply for you

ssaleekin
Newly Registered

Post by ssaleekin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:20 am

Thank you very much for your reply. would you please mention the relevant sections of the new rules which allow me to follow the old rules so that i can adhere to it.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:05 pm

z18runway

Re: Is New Family migration rules applicable for PSW depende

Post by z18runway » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:27 pm

ssaleekin wrote:I am going to apply for ILR under long residence Category. I have been in the PBS (PSW) for the last two years. My wife and child are living with me as PSW dependent in the UK. I have to sponsor my wife and child at the same time of my application. Do I need to fulfill the new Family Migration Rules which has been enforced form 9th July or i have to apply in the previous maintenance Rule.

1) you have to fill set(0) for ILR long residency
2) you cannot add your dependents on your form as it is not applicable for the applicants who apply under long residency
3)If your wife visa finishing at the same time as yours then you have to fill flr(m) and add a covering letter saying that once decision made on your application please grant settlement visa for your wife because her visa finishing at the same time as yours

4) If you have children born in UK, then your wife don't need to add dependents on her FLR(m) as then can register as British citizens once you get ILR, doesn't matter if their visa finishing at the same time as yours as they born in UK.

5) Once your wife gets 2 years settlement visa, immediately she can apply for ILR as she has already spent 2 years with you on PBS, she has to apply under set (0)

sorry i couldnt reply for your Private message.