ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on "2004 Student Probationary Extension"---U

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zafarzafar80

Query on "2004 Student Probationary Extension"---U

Post by zafarzafar80 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi All,

Could you please comment on my query:

After the new "2004 Student Probationary Extension" which you could find here : http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP12000012

The only category of students qualify if they are registed with GNIB before the 31st December 2004.

One of my friend who is an awkward situation. He got his student visa from Bangladesh in the last week of December 2004 but he arrived in Ireland on 25th January 2005 and he obtained his first GNIB card in Feburary 2005.

Although his first GNIB card issuance date is Feb 2005 but his student visa from Bangladesh was stamped in Dec 2004.

Would any one please comment what is his chances to qualify for the new scheme ?

Thanks in Advance
Zafar

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Any non-EEA national student who first registered their residence in Ireland as student on or before 31 December 2004 and who commenced their studies in Ireland on or before 31 December 2004 may apply for the special probationary extension.

since he registered and started his studies AFTER 1st Januray 2005, he won't qualify.

foxhill
Newly Registered

Stamp 2 >> Stamp 3

Post by foxhill » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Hi
Sorry for hijacking OP's thread.
I have query, if anyone can help.
Came to Ireland in 2001 as Student [Stamp2]
Changed stamp 2 to stamp 3, [being spouse of Non EU Work Permit holder], in 2008.
Then in 2010 started studying[NonEU fees, degree level course, expected 2013] on Stamp 3, Also worked on Work permit basis, Stamp 1, then job finished came back to Stamp 3, I had to finish internship as part of the study, applied to Justice dept, they gave me Stamp 1 to finish my internship..then again Stamp 3.. Well I ll get citizenship next year, but in the mean time, its nightmare to find employment on work permit basis.
So I was thinking if I can avail of this scheme till one of us gets citizenship sorted out next year.
Can I get this extension, if I am still studying!!!?
Many Thanks in Advance

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:24 pm

In order for such a student to be granted the extension they must have maintained their residence as a student from first registration until the date of application for the Student Probationary Extension. Any student not currently registered and with a significant gap in registration will not be eligible to apply for the extension.

Since you were going from stamp 2, to stamp 3 and stamp 1, you are not eligible.
This scheme is only for people who were on stamp 2 from before 31/12/2004 until now.
No other categories of people can apply.

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:38 pm

Thanks Guys !

talkingcure

Student probationary extension

Post by talkingcure » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:08 pm

I have a query on behalf of my friend about the Student Probationary Extension. He arrived in sept 02 , remained on stamp 2 till 2010. He was on interniship in his 3rd yr in University. From January2011 to Dec 2011 he was given Time out visa as he was studying more than 7yrs. His circumstances changes ie. relationship breakdown, family bereavement. He didnot keep the visa updated from Januray 2012 to till now. He managed himself to go Gnib in April 2012. Immigration officer didnot endorse his visa and suggested him to write to Department of Justice explaining the reason. He wrote to DOJ. They replied to him that they received his letter and he would be contacted in chronological order. Now what his chances to get the probationary extension.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Any student not currently registered and with a significant gap in registration will not be eligible to apply for the extension

According to that your friend is not likely to benefit from the new scheme. If only he kept his permission up to date till now, he would be the first to get it. Unfortunately, he is not in permission at the moment, and he has no permission for the 8 months which is a very long time (significant gap)...

Zilka
Newly Registered

Post by Zilka » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi, I have several questions.
1. During the last 4 years I was receiving a scholarship for my PhD program, which is tax exempt. I asked my institute and they said they don't give P60 to students on scholarship. I didn't work part-time at the same time. Will it be sufficient to bring a letter from the institute with scholarship details instead of P60.
2. Suppose I get offered a full-time job in the 2 year period. Can I apply normally for a working visa right away?
3. What are the requirements to get a re-entry visa during the two years?
4. It says Statutory Declaration must be signed by a Notary Public, a Commissioner for Oaths, a Peace Commissioner or a practising
Solicitor. What is the fastest/cheapest way to get that signature?

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi,

1- Letter from the institute is enough + bring ur payslips as much as u can in case they need to see.

2- you don't need work visa if you qualify under the new scheme, (2004 students)

3- re-entry visa would be issued for two years, its the same old procedure

4- go to any solicitor & pay between 20 to 50 euros

Zilka
Newly Registered

Post by Zilka » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:22 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. Could you explain point 2 for me? If I understand correctly according to 2004 students program I will be given a student visa for 2 years. During these 2 years I can only work part-time. After the 2 years if all requirements are met I will be given Stamp 4 which lets me work full-time. Is that correct? So what do I do if I have a full-time job offer long before the 2 years expire?

BTW, how do you count the gap in registration? Does the stamp you get on arrival in the airport count? Or is it specifically a gap between GNIB card validity dates?

Zilka
Newly Registered

Post by Zilka » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:18 pm

To answer my own question, that is a special kind of student visa that lets you work full time. Also at GNIB they said that the stamp you get at the airport counts as registration. So if you have a gap, you stop counting from the day you came back to Ireland and not from the day you got the GNIB card. At least that's how I understood.