ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences in Final Year

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tkk2011
Newly Registered

Absences in Final Year

Post by tkk2011 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:07 pm

Hello Forum Members,

I secured ILR this month. Due to my work situation I would have to continue to travel abroad 2 Weeks in a Month.

Considering the above situation, I might end up being away from UK for more than 100 days in the final yer.

(I have been away for about 257 Days (Business Trip + Personal Trip) during the qualifying period)

My question is whether I can claim my absences from UK in the final year to be as unavoidable business trips and still claim Citizenship/ Naturalization.

Best Regards
Tushar Kansara

Glc

Post by Glc » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:34 pm

Absences of up to 100 days are normally disregarded. However, if absences are more than 100, discretion by HO is applied. You may refer to the link below for your reference:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... cesfromuk/