ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS Exams according to new Rule

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cmyaseen

IELTS Exams according to new Rule

Post by cmyaseen » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:31 am

Can u please tell me what is the story of IELTS acoording to new rules ?
The medium of instruction during my Master Degree was n english even then i need to appear in IELTS exams according to new rules or not?

I m working in saudia frm the last 3 years and our office language is also English. so can the company letter also help me in proficiencey of english or still i need IELTS?

plz tell me abt this.

hsmper6thOct
Newly Registered

Re: IELTS Exams according to new Rule

Post by hsmper6thOct » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:10 am

still need, according to my understandinig.
cmyaseen wrote:Can u please tell me what is the story of IELTS acoording to new rules ?
The medium of instruction during my Master Degree was n english even then i need to appear in IELTS exams according to new rules or not?

I m working in saudia frm the last 3 years and our office language is also English. so can the company letter also help me in proficiencey of english or still i need IELTS?

plz tell me abt this.

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:33 am

In new guidance is mentioned that if you have Bachelors degree and you took all your course in English you dont need IELTS

But there is mentioned too:

if you had Masters or PHD course in English you still need IELTS

becouse Masters duration is smaller than bachelors

So you need IELTS.

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:08 am

As per the new guidelines, either you have to submit an IELTS test report (Band 6 or above), or the following 2 documents - a) Bachelors degree and b) letter from awarding institution that the Bachelors degree was taught in English.

For both HSMP application and HSMP extension (FLR), both "academic" and "general" IELTS test reports are accepted.

For HSMP application, the IELTS test report must be LESS THAN 2 year old. For HSMP extension (FLR), it says older test reports will be acceptable, but doesn't state how old are deemed acceptable.

Tests other than IELTS can be accepted but it will be the applicant's responsibility to get a letter from NARIC that the test undertaken is equivalent to IELTS standards and that your score is equal to / more than the IELTS test band 6.

regards

HSMP_2007

Post by HSMP_2007 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:04 pm

Hi

I did my Engineering in the Indian University and main language is English.

1.Still Do i need write ELTS testing ?
2.How do i proof this ? Just sumbitting the degree certificate is enough?
3.Any letter from university then What is the format. ?

Thanks in Advance,
8)