ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paris and further abroad

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newrulessuck
Newly Registered

Paris and further abroad

Post by newrulessuck » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:06 am

Not sure if this is the right forum but hey ho.

Wife coming over to visit me from Argentina (we will apply for spouse visa in January) and we would like to go to Paris and maybe Belgium for a few days whilst she is over here. In terms of travel for her is that OK? Or will the French/Belgium authorities not allow her to enter. I guess my question is whether entry to UK is seen as entry to the EU as well.

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:27 am

Entry into the UK doesn't enable free travel in the rest of Europe. The UK isn't a Schengen state.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:30 am

As a person with any nationality she can enter Schengen Area as the wife of an EU national (if you travel together and carry proof of marriage).

Or

As a person with an ARG passport she can enter as a visitor for up to 3 months.

So you have two options. The second option is the most obvious as all it needs is her passport (and can be without your presence) but you can claim the first in the unlikely event that the second is declined.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:54 pm

In practice, airlines and border staff frequently disregard the right to 'travel with EU spouse'....so the first option would be risky, but as Lucapooka has pointed out (and I missed)...your wife doesn't need a visa for a visit of under 90 days.