ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

France/belgium trip

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newrulessuck
Newly Registered

France/belgium trip

Post by newrulessuck » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:06 am

Not sure if this is the right forum but hey ho.

Wife coming over to visit me from Argentina (we will apply for spouse visa in January) and we would like to go to Paris and maybe Belgium for a few days whilst she is over here. In terms of travel for her is that OK? Or will the French/Belgium authorities not allow her to enter. I guess my question is whether entry to UK is seen as entry to the EU as well.

Thanks

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: France/belgium trip

Post by ca.funke » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:48 pm

newrulessuck wrote:Not sure if this is the right forum but hey ho.

Wife coming over to visit me from Argentina (we will apply for spouse visa in January) and we would like to go to Paris and maybe Belgium for a few days whilst she is over here. In terms of travel for her is that OK? Or will the French/Belgium authorities not allow her to enter.
Hi newrulessuck,

any Argentinian person may enter the UK >>without a visa<<.

Any Argentinian person may also enter the Schengen-Zone >>without a visa<<.
newrulessuck wrote:I guess my question is whether entry to UK is seen as entry to the EU as well.

Thanks
Entry into the UK constitutes entering the European Union, because the UK is a part of the EU. But this has no further relevance. You probably mean the Schengen-Zone, of which the UK is not a part?

Whatever, any Argentinian can travel to both the UK and the Schengen-Zone (incl. Belgium and France) w/o visa.

Enjoy your trip!

rgds, Christian

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:55 pm

ca.funke points are well made. Your wife can visit as described.

I presume that you are British. If so, your wife is the spouse of an EU national (UK) and as such the directive 2004/38/EC applies (it's worth looking this up if you haven't done so); the entry requirements are less strict than for normal visitors.

Normally EU citizens don't benefit from this directive in their home country, but if they work in another EU country first, they can.