ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sathyasp005
Newly Registered

Visitor visa query

Post by sathyasp005 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi,

I am planning to visit my brother who is staying in UK for the past 4 years.
I live in India and Visitor visa guidelines says that ..I need to provide leave approval for my current employer which I won't be able to get it.

My queries.
1.Can I still get visitor visa granted without leave approval letter from my current employer?
2.If not, can I apply visa as if I am unemployed?
3. My brother applied for permanent residency. Once he gets permanent residency, can I apply through "Family of settled persons" - Adult dependent relative?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... dependent/

Please post your valuable suggestions.

Thanks,
SP

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:31 pm

You certainly do not need approval from your employer.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Visitor visa query

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:40 pm

sathyasp005 wrote:I live in India and Visitor visa guidelines says that ..I need to provide leave approval for my current employer which I won't be able to get it.

My queries.
1.Can I still get visitor visa granted without leave approval letter from my current employer?
2.If not, can I apply visa as if I am unemployed?
3. My brother applied for permanent residency. Once he gets permanent residency, can I apply through "Family of settled persons" - Adult dependent relative?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... dependent/
1) The approval letter you refer to is actually just a letter from your employer confirming that you will be on annual leave during the period of your UK visit and that you will thereafter be returning to work on a given date. This is used as a means to confirm that you intend to return to your home country after your visit.
2) If you state that you are unemployed, you will need to show other form(s) of ties to your home country which will satisfy the ECO that you intend to return to your home country at the end of your visit.
3) The link you have posted is for permanent residence & not meant for someone who just intends to visit the UK on a holiday. Have you read the information posted under the section "Can you apply?"? If not please do so.