ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New rules and initial FLR(IED) application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cuberoot

New rules and initial FLR(IED) application

Post by cuberoot » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:24 pm

What will happen with in country applications and initial FLR(IED) applications. Not extensions?

I already have HSMP approval letter.

hsmp_user
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_user » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:58 pm

The same case with me... Please let me know if you have got any news?
I am wondering which form I should use and which guidance will be applicable.... And also is there any new documentation required now??? Earlier it was just two passport size photograph, One evidence to prove the economic activity for the last three months... and the Marriage Certificate (in case you apply for ur spouse as well)

What would happen now?? Am worried...

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:13 pm

Hi

I have unfortunately already applied using the old form, and my application reached them yesterday-after the cut off. My application will probably be delayed until 4 December. I will then be notified that I used the wrong form and be asked to supply any additional evidence they require.

I sent through my photos, passport, approval letter, bank statements and payslips. I have read through the new FLR(HSMP) form, and I can't see that I will be required to provide any additonal evidence. I hope that is the case.

I would suggest that you apply using the new form, its actually very similar to the old form, with the addition of the scoring sections which you need to fill in, but only for HSMP extensions. NOT initial approvals. Since we already have approval letters, we are very lucky.

Don't be worried, you already have approval. You will be fine. Just ensure that you will meet the new scoring sections when you need to apply for HSMP extension.

cuberoot

hsmp_user
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_user » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:30 pm

Hi Cuberoot...
Thanks much for your prompt reply. It is very consoling...
I thought the December 4 deadline is just for the HSMP Applications.. Is that applicable for the FLR through HSMP as well...???????? I never thought it in that aspect...

Are you sure that the HSMP FLR should also wait until Dec 4rth??? I was under the impression that Dec 4 date applies only for HSMP applications. But in a way you are right... when the HSMP scheme itself is suspended then the FLR for HSMP should also be.... though not explicitly mentioned...

I badly wanted my HSMP stamping asap due to some personal reasons... :(

M6
Newly Registered

Post by M6 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:02 pm

You mean, I cannot get FLR since i m over 32, earned around 15K gross with master degree. Cannot make 75.

Got HSMP approval in Jan 06, came to UK in Mar 06 and now due to apply for FLR in December. I think I should go back because cannot make 75 points :(

Golauk

Post by Golauk » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:10 am

Hi

One of my firend is in same boat . He applied for HSMP extension on 7th nOv, as he has worked only for last five months i think he is also not qualified under new rules.... i.e will not get 75 points
But he was diagonised with Chicken Pox when he came here and was out of action for 3 months . Does the case worker take these things in account??
Please throw some light.

Regards

GolaUk
God is Great!

cuberoot

Post by cuberoot » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:23 pm

The way I understand it is this. The new rules come into affect on 8 November 2006 and the HSMP programme is suspended until 4 December 2006.

Any new HSMP applications/ HSMP extensions reaching them before 17:00 7 November 2006 will be processed according to the old rules.

Any new HSMP applications/HSMP extensions reaching them after that time will be assessed on the new rules.

People waiting for initial approval. (Holding HSMP approval letter and not having entered UK before on HSMP) do not seem to be affected. I do believe that processing time will be affected, since this seems to have caused a large amount of chaos. When speaking to the HO staff, it seems they are just as surprised as us about the sudden rule change, with no warning. Nobody at the call centre has been able to answer my questions with any amount of certainty, but Im sure some operational processes will come into place soon.

I really hope I get my initial approval soon, and for 2 years. It will give me enough time to ensure that I make the 75 points when I need to apply for an HSMP extension.