ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits for dependent of ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sheeza2007
Newly Registered

Benefits for dependent of ILR

Post by Sheeza2007 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:03 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum. I searched few messages but could not find the required info. I was after.
Please tolerate if I am repeating any question again.

I am wife of an ILR holder. I am in UK since last six four months. I have got visa for the next one and half year visa. Than I will be able to apply for ILR.

I have got few queries, please advise;

1. Can I claim any kind of benefits:

My BRP REMARKS read 'NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS' and 'WORK ALLOWED'.
I am looking for job.

2: Can I get any discount regarding council tax?

3: Can I get any free medicine/dr prescription

4: I am planning to get admission in a college/uni. Do I need to pay fees equivalent to international/foreigner students fees or local student fees. If the fees is equivalent to local can you please send me the link for more details.

Thanks for reading my post and your comments/suggestion will be acknowledged.

Regards

z18runway

Re: Benefits for dependent of ILR

Post by z18runway » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:12 am

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum. I searched few messages but could not find the required info. I was after.
Please tolerate if I am repeating any question again.

I am wife of an ILR holder. I am in UK since last six four months. I have got visa for the next one and half year visa. Than I will be able to apply for ILR.

I have got few queries, please advise;
1. Can I claim any kind of benefits:
NO you cant, but your husband can, check HMRC benefits calculator, and in this i am not sure whether your name can be added because you are subject to immigration control, but there is a question on this while checking this option on the calculator, so better check, i cannot advice on this.
2: Can I get any discount regarding council tax?
NO, may be if your husband on low income, check your local council website benefits calculator.
3: Can I get any free medicine/dr prescription
If you are pregnant, or if you are in low income group, check HC11 form online or you can try to get at post office, pharmacies, or GP
4: I am planning to get admission in a college/uni. Do I need to pay fees equivalent to international/foreigner students fees or local student fees. If the fees is equivalent to local can you please send me the link for more details.
You will be charged at international student fees as you are not ILR holder or British person.